What's new

Ghost Hunters Live (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Thank God, they're actually doing one this year. They skipped last year, for the first time ever. Or, was that the year before? I'm thinking they probably wanted to spend an actual Halloween with their kids and family for once.

SyFy: Once again, the six-hour GHOST HUNTERS LIVE telecast will serve as the programming centerpiece. Airing Sunday, October 31, from 7 p.m.-1 a.m. ET/PT, the investigation will feature cast members from the entire GHOST HUNTERS franchise (as well as special guests), who will team up to take on the haunts at the Buffalo Central Terminal in Buffalo, NY. Built in 1929 and abandoned 50 years later, the decaying art deco building is supposedly a hotbed of paranormal activity.

One of my favorite holidays, Halloween, not to mention these reality shows about the paranormal, and cryptozoology. Well, actually, any show, depending on topic, about things that go bumnp in the night I love to watch. Destintation Truth and Ghost Adventures are also excellent. Loved Monsterquest, before it got cancelled. The only thing about those crypto-shows is I wish, for once, they would actually find some concrete evidence of the creatures they're hunting. A nice non-blurry photo would be magnificent plus in my book. I guess monsters are really good at hiding.

Didn't Destination Truth come close with that Yeti they hunted in one episode, finding prints, like, minutes after it supposedly passed this river, or something?

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I think you're thinking about GHOST ADVENTURES with that dude that threw that EMF monitor and said it was the ghost that did it. I'm not aware of any unsavory shit with TAPS, you'll have to enlighten me, if there is.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
No, Zack is right, During the last live investigation there was a part where Grant's jacket collar gets pulled down several times and people accused them of faking it because it does sort of look like it was pulled down with fishing line or something similar and Grant had his hands in his pockets at the time. That was 3 or 4 hours into the investigation and nothing had happened so far so its possible the people at (then) Sci-Fi told them to do something to make the show more interesting but its all just speculation and there's no evidence to prove that it was faked or not.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Unfortunately shows like Most Haunted and Ghost Adventurers are really making Ghost Hunters look bad. The Most Haunted was caught outright cheating and Ghost Adventures is just too douchey to have any credibility at all. This make people very skeptical of Ghost Hunters.

Sure, they could end up being found to be not on the level, but I really doubt it. It is the only paranormal show that I actually feel I can trust until proved otherwise.

I am very skeptical and not sure there even is such a thing, but I am open minded enough to know we don't know everything so I hold I enjoy the fact that GH might actually find something interesting.

Back to the new Season:

The last episode I watched was pretty interesting. The whole "Atlantis" and "Comet" thing was really creepy. I would love to know the layout to be sure that there was no way that Grant could have heard Jay at all. Between that and the "smell" that was worse than anything a professional plumber has ever smelled were pretty interesting.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChadMcCallum

No, Zack is right, During the last live investigation there was a part where Grant's jacket collar gets pulled down several times and people accused them of faking it because it does sort of look like it was pulled down with fishing line or something similar and Grant had his hands in his pockets at the time. That was 3 or 4 hours into the investigation and nothing had happened so far so its possible the people at (then) Sci-Fi told them to do something to make the show more interesting but its all just speculation and there's no evidence to prove that it was faked or not.

Okay, I have to strongly disagree with you here. I saw that investigation, and I'm sure any kind of "wire work" would have been picked up on the camera. I saw when that happened and there's just no way "fakery" was involved. I simply refuse to believe that particular event was faked! The GHOST ADVENTURES one, at least, in that instance, it was clear it was faked. I had no idea people are so divided on these shows. I suppose that's expected when you're dealing with things "out of the ordinary."

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
The wire was enclosed in his jacket, he simply pulled it from inside his pocket. There were also a bunch of times where they kept fiddling with the jacket, and at one point Bald Ghost hunter is messing with it from behind and accidentally pulls it, all on camera.

Anyways, regardless of whether you want to believe it or not, many fans felt they had finally 'exposed themselves as frauds' (and you don't want Ghost Hunters exposing themselves). They took a lot of heat and that's probably why they didn't continue the next year.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Wait, hang on, I gotta do some Googling about this incident before I believe any of it. If this is indeed true, it may impact my viewing of the show from here on out. As in, I'll stop watching. Get back to you soon.

UPDATE: Well, this fuckin' blows! I just went to YouTube and re-watched the event in question and, I hate to say it, but in light of what you told me, it does, to a certain extent, appear suspicious. Grant's right hand never leaves his pocket when it happens. If that were me, I'd have both hands up inspecting my collar, and my memory had me believing the tug was from the outside, but on looking at the footage, the tug is inward, which would support your allegations that a wire was used. Which, to me, does look like what is happening.

Goddammit!

A google search seems to indicate that all these shows are faking some of their evidence.

I'm not sure what to do now. Continue to believe the lie and enjoy these shows for what they are, or stop watching . . . gotta go rethink some shit now.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
LOL, the clip on you tube I just watch that was supposedly showing all the lies on Ghost Hunters showed us nothing. I never once thought that during the live shows they were investigating the whole time. Of course there are stops and starts in the takes.

I saw nothing in this video that made me not trust GH.

I guess there are people who believe we never landed on the moon as well.

I don't necessarily believe in Ghosts or Paranormal, but I do believe that Jay and Grant are doing a good job. They de-bunk more than any other paranormal show I have seen.

I saw the jacket scene when it aired. The point where Jay is messing with Grants collar was after the tug. He was checking it to see what could have made it move. This you tube clip changed the order to make it looked like it was before the tug and it was not.

Shawn, don't believe every thing you see posted on you tube. If you enjoy the show, keep watching. I saw nothing in this "conspiracy" video that would make me change my mind about Jay and Grant.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Yeah, I think I'm gonna choose to believe the lie, assuming there is one to believe. I like the show too much. I still can't help but feel a little tainted by this news. I mean, it's always gonna stay in the back of my mind now. Did you guys know about the Donna Lacroix thing? She went on some website and supposedly outed the TAPS team, and said, yes, they are faking things.

What the fuck is happening here!

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Well Donna was dis-gruntaled so I don't know if I would take her word over Jay and Grant.

I could end up being completely wrong, but so far I have not seen anything that would make me doubt them at this point.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I found this at The Ghost Divas. It's titled, DONNA LACROIX IS LYING! I have always been wondering what happened to her. She was on the show for a little while, and then she wasn't. A falling out obviously occurred, but I thought she and Jay and Grant were old friends, and that things were cool between them. I always thought she was hot, too. I have to admit they do have some hot ghost hunter chicks on that show.

I'm feeling better now thinking that TAPS might be legit after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks