What's new

Gamecube bargain bin (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
OK, so I'm probably gonna get a cube just cause its $99, but I already have a PS2 and an Xbox, but here's the rub:

I generally dont buy first run video games on consoles.

I wait till they are $20 or so and then scoop em up.

Given that criteria, what would you say are 'cant miss' titles on the cube that I wouldnt already have access too on the other consoles?

Sam

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
Star Wars: Rogue Leader II can be had pretty cheap.

The Players Choice labelled games are all 1st party or exclusive games, so those are all pretty good.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Man, US$99 for the console? That's pretty cool. I can see myself buying this as well just for a handful of Cube specific games (F-Zero, Metroid, Rogue Leader).

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Sunshine
Eternal Darkness
Super Monkey Ball
Pikmin
Starfox Adventures
Ikaruga
Resident Evil
Resident Evil Zero
Luigi's Mansion
Animal Crossing

:)

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
Super Mario Sunshine and Starfox Adventures are great games. They are worth $50 IMHO. And at $29.99 and $19.99 these games are a steal. IMHO of course! :)

And it seems as if most of the gaming sites/magazines agree with me as both have some great scores over at www.GameRankings.com:

Super Mario Sunshine: 92% (based on 94 media reviews)
Starfox Adventures: 81% (based on 78 media reviews)

Phil Levy

Stunt Coordinator
I'll agree about SMS being well worth full price, I felt that though it was not as innovative for its time as Mario 64, overall it was the better game. The challenges without the waterpack, when the classic remix played, pretty much made the game for me. Fantastic 3D platforming was a nice addition to the exploration/puzzle solving elements inherited from Mario 64.

As for Star Fox, I never tried it because I was put off by so many lukewarm reviews.

Damien

Supporting Actor
At their time they were good when the Cube had few games. Oh wait, the cube still has few games...harharhar
I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not, but the cube may have the least third party support, but it arguably has the most pure AAA titles.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'd say that for $20, Starfox is worth getting. It's good-not great, but definitely worth a look. I had fun with it.

Sunshine is also worth a look. Not the greatest Mario game ever, but most of what was there was solid. I could never bring myself to hunt down all the blue coins, so it's the first Mario game that I haven't COMPLETELY finished, but it still kept me busy for a week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks