What's new

Microsoft(X-Box) wants SEARS to quit selling Nintendo Products altogether (1 Viewer)

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
I was talking to a salesperson at SEARS who seemed to know what he was talking about
laugh.gif

He said that proposed a deal that SEARS accepted. The deal was that SEARS could no longer sell Nintendo video game systems or games (Gamecube, N64). Are they more afraid of Nintendo than Sony? It seems like they would be more afraid of Sony since Sony has already sold several Playstations and Playstation 2s. Before I didn't like Microsoft. Now, I hope the X-Box winds up being a has-been system which ends up in the "grave yard bargain bin" only at Toys-R-Us just like the 3DO.
[Edited last by Erwin on August 22, 2001 at 08:23 PM]

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure Microsoft would love it if everyone stopped selling Nintendo consoles!
Circuit City signed a deal with Sony a few years back where they only sold Playstation products. All it did was cause Circuit City to loose market share in the video game category. A Sears deal with MS would be just as harmless -especially considering Sears isn't a big player in video game retailing as it is.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Perhaps Sears will create they're own version of the X-Box system, as they did with the Atari 2600 back in the day.
wink.gif

Whatever they sell is up to them. Just go somewhere else to buy Nintendo product.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Sears have already scaled back videogame sales in a heck of a lot of their stores - it's really only their top tier stores that still sell them I believe.
And as this information came from a shop-floor salesman, I wouldn't exactly trust the source...
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
Sears have already scaled back videogame sales in a heck of a lot of their stores - it's really only their top tier stores that still sell them I believe.
Correct. I know of 3 Sears stores in my area. Only one of them is a big store (2 story building) and the other 2 are average size. The smaller stores no longer sell video games and cut back on computer accessories/software/hardware.
I just used to like buying my games from SEARS. I remember my college days playing Killer Instinct on the SNES before they took it down due to the blood/violence and playing Mario 64 before you could buy it. SEARS used to have those $5 off coupons and they compared price in addition to the coupon. I bought my SNES and Playstation there. They also used to have this one deal where you could buy 2 games and get one free (after Christmas Sale). Oh well, I guess it's Target, Kay-Bee Toys, Wal-Mart, and Software Etc instead.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
err, am I missing something big about Microsoft's X-Box hype? I'd have thought that Microsoft would have to be planning something pretty massive to beat the sales you could get for Gameboy Advance products in the next 6 months, let alone anything the Gamecube can manage. Its not like the GBA doesn't hold the all-time launch volume record, and the previous Gameboys certainly had 'legs' when it came to sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks