What's new

Furnace Room Suitable for IB? (1 Viewer)

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Scott,

Given the size of your room I REALLY recommend 4 drivers!

You can certainly wire 4 DVC drivers for a correct load for a plate amp. Also know that 4 drivers will play atleast +3dB louder than 2 drivers. So no you won't need a more expensive amp, and yes you do need 4 drivers.....

Daniel,

Until your wife is willing to accept the concept of 'compromise' I have no additional suggestions.......sorry.

Daniel Metcalf

Stunt Coordinator
ThomasW, no worries, when I want to listen to music/watch movies I'll just open the door. Oh, and I'll take your word for it.....two Tempests it is!

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Color me still confused????

The 2 Tempest suggestion was for an IB. Where's it going?

Daniel Metcalf

Stunt Coordinator
I knew I didn't explain it well enough, sorry, the back wall of the closet has the twelve mounted on a test baffle as a normal IB. Behind the wall of the closet (sheet rock/studs) is the furnace room for the backwave. With the tempests I would do a simple manifold venting into the room through the closet. I know, I need to take some pictures, the one I posted just shows the closet door, not the IB itself. I have checked out your cult site many times so I do have a basic understanding of IB's, I just need to work on expressing myself. THANKS.

Scott Sabin

Stunt Coordinator
Thomas, thanks for the advice. Sounds like you are recommending the Dayton DVC 15" over the Dayton IB 15" for a 4-driver IB. That's probably the way I'll go, and the more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards a cube manifold approach. I need to run electrical wiring through the wall where the IB will be located, so having less wall height taken up by the IB is better.

Daniel, good luck with your install, and let us know how it goes!

Rich Kraus

Stunt Coordinator
thomas is the man.

answering questions for 2 IB's in one thread.

My feeble brain would crumble at the task.

guys, once you go IB- there is no other way. trust me on this one, if you have a way to get it done, you wont regret it...

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Scott,

The DVC option provides the ability to play with various impedance so it's more flexible.

Daniel,

You'll probably have issues with the closet door rattling from the IB. A fix might be as simple as using a bungie cord to retain it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks