What's new

Forget Star Wars on September 21st -- "Sssssss!" is coming to DVD on Sept 7th (1 Viewer)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
As much as Lucas fucked up Star Wars (and I hear he's drawn on it with his crayons some more), I'd say SSSSSSS would now be the better movie. :D

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"I forgot that this was a Zanuck/Brown production. Good thing sharks don't make noise or else their next movie Jaws might have been called something different."

CHOMP! (d. Steven Spielberg, scr. Peter Benchley & Carl Gottlieb, ph. Bill Butler, 1975)

MattHR

Screenwriter
Why is the original poster art for B-movies better than the movies themselves? I can't wait for the day when the studios start including original poster art as a "bonus" feature.

Too bad Universal is not using the original art for the cover of SSSSSS. That just sssssssucks. It might even be a no-sssssssale.

I can see this is going to be one of those threads...

Anthony R

Stunt Coordinator

What would be really hilarious, is if Mel Brooks were to go back and digitally tweak Spaceballs!

JackKay

Second Unit
You guys let the cat out of the bag! I just got done Pre-Ordering every copy of Sssssss! on every On-line Retaler on the Web. Now you will have to pay through the nose to get a copy on ebay from me! :D

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
:laugh:

You know I seem to recall that there is a strong sense of tragedy in this movie when Dirk begins turning into a snake. Rather effective or at least when I was a kid it was.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Well, I heard through the grapevine that Lucas is finally going to release the uncut version of Star Wars during Christmas and that's Star WarSSSSSSSSS.;)

Brent Jackson

Auditioning
Count me in as another kid that was freaked out by this movie! So much so, that I don't think I will be picking this up.

Skyler

Stunt Coordinator

True. I was 6 or 7 when I saw it on TV. It was the first movie that scared me, lol. I was telling MY Kids about it just this weekend, no idea about the DVD! I'm sure it will stand up to a second viewing. Not a chansssss!

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Don't forget Fox is also releasing THE ALLIGATOR PEOPLE on 9/7, which would be a good co-feature with Ssssss... :)

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
This thread is hilariousssssss, I'm gonna have to give this one a rent, if I can find it. :)

Kevin Lamb

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Lamb
Its been a while since I've sssssssseen thissssss (okay I'll ssst--I mean stop) movie but if I remember correctly the girl's screams at the very end are actually pretty disturbing.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I LOVED this movie when I was a kid, and used to watch it every time it was on! I KNEW it was bad even then, but I just couldn't stop watching because it was a "scary movie" that didn't scare me, and I felt that made me "mature for my age." The half man/half snake creature was priceless!

Another "un-scary scary" movie I used to watch all the time was "Spectre." I think it was about devil worshippers, because I remember folks intoning "Asmodeus" a lot, and some guy with a green lizard head...

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
I saw Sssssss many years ago on television, but I don't remember much about it. I am looking forward to the September 7th releases of The Funhouse (Universal) and Terror Train (20th Century Fox) though. The Funhouse was previously available from Goodtimes, but I never got around to picking it up and it's been OOP for a few years now. This new Universal disc will have an anamorphic transfer (the Goodtimes release was non-anamorphic), the theatrical trailer (which wasn't on the Goodtimes release), and much better cover art than the Goodtimes release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks