What's new

Firefox help.. (1 Viewer)

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Suddenly the newest version of firefox wont open for me. It was working fine for weeks. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it to no avail. I double click on the icon and nothing. The install seems to go fine.

Now for the weird part, Firefox 3 Beta 2 works fine. It does seem a little bit slower than Firefox 2.

I use XP Home with all the latest service packs installed. Computer is a Dell Dimension 8400 Pent 4 3.0 gh.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Sounds like something in your registry is messed up. So you have a program that can go through the registry and remove unused files? Since you reinstalled it try going to the Control Panel > Add/Remove Software and remove it from there. Then try reinstalling and see if it works ok for you.

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Parker,

I uninstalled fromt he control panel add/remove software. I ran a registry fix program and fixed many "problems". Still no go.

Weird thing is when I reinstalled Firefox 2, suddenly Firefox 3 beta started not to open uninstall both and Firefox 3 works again.

Thanks for the suggestions

Earle

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Interesting...

Glad it all worked out ok. I am looking forward to seeing what they come up with for 3.0.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks