What's new

HTF Performance on Firefox (1 Viewer)

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I skimmed through the posts and don't see anyone else with this problem, but HTF drags my computer down considerably under Firefox. So much so that I installed an adblocker just for HTF. After installing I no longer have the problem (after 5 minutes of experimenting).

This post is mostly an FYI, and in that vein if it helps any the only other extension I'm using is "Kaspersky Protection". I do have an appearance add-on and a few "standard" plugins (e.g., pdf, H264, MS Office 2016, VLC). If you guys think any of those other add-ins are causing the problem, let me know.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Al:

I've had similar issues. I've seen my performance decrease markedly in recent weeks using Firefox (my browser of choice). And this is on both of my machines I use daily to surf the HTF. One of them is a screamin' new laptop, too.

I am getting a lot of "script bug" screens lately which completely lock things up for me. In fact I just got one right now and will post it for the powers-that-be.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I;ve been getting a lot of these lately...which stop me dead in the water.

full

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I;ve been getting a lot of these lately...which stop me dead in the water.

full
Just the other day, I was constantly getting the Google Chrome "Wait" or "Kill" option equivalent while on HTF (I actually had to close ALL of my HTF tabs, which I normally NEVER do!), with the latter greyed out as usual! :P

I hope that your's and Al's related issues get resolved soon!

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks