What's new

Finally: Looney Tunes (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I agree, maybe they should keep the Premium editions down to 2 disks, but if the Golden Editions continue and they are aimed at collector's they should up the number of disks. A 8 or 10 disk set priced around the $100 mark would be great.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Dave,

It'll never happen. They'll keep the numbers (cost/discs) low to make them accessible. They want the general public to pick these up, and jacking the price won't do it.

Star Trek can be expensive, there is an installed fanbase.

Looney Tunes can't, because they are shorts, and not a given sell.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well they are giving the Mainstream public a cheap way out with the $20 sets. So I can't see why the Golden Collection versions cannot cost more collector's will pay it and that's who the golden collections are aimed at.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Laserdiscs were a different era though, and were aimed only at the ultimate 'Movie Fans'. DVD is mainstream, so studios want to keep the prices in a reasonable ground. Remember, during the days of laserdisc a barebones release would cost you $30.00-$35.00. :)

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
There are exactly 1000 normal 1-reel cartoons made from 1930-1969. There's probably around 100-120 misc. cartoons...plus the TV specials, bumpers, etc.
I had no idea...that's a whole lotta looney!

Thanks for the info. It would be interesting to know what percentage of these I've actually seen in my life. I suspect the number would be quite small, even though I grew up watching these on Saturday mornings.

Is there any information on how many of these, if any, have never seen the light of day since they were originally created?

Matt-Brooks

Agent
My Copy of Looney Tunes Golden Collection just shipped from Amazon.Ca!

:)

Mind you it's going to take 7-14 days to get here! :frowning:

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Gee Willikers!

I can't wait to get my hands on this baby. Looks like Indy is getting shelved for awhile. I had no idea that the extras would be so extensive.

Bring on more of these sets, PLEASE!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks