What's new

FINALLY!!! it finally happened to me!! (1 Viewer)

E

Eric Kahn

I got hit up last july in pittsburg buy 2 guys in a white van, they quit their sales pitch when I told them I already had Klipsch speakers in my HT, did not even try to claim theirs were better, just said "great speakers man"

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I saw a coupla these clowns in a black Lincoln Masturbator in the Home Depot parking lot about a year ago. they'd progressed to some kind of offbrand HTB, neatly packaged in a colorfully labelled white box. They were making their pitch to some other guy when I yelled out my car window at 'em that they must be phonies 'cause they didn't have a white van. At that point one of 'em grabbed a tire iron so I left hurriedly.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member

:laugh:

brings up a thought, they sell these speakers cash only, I'm surprised they don't get robbed...

kEVIN_hSU

Grip
I was accosted by these white van (yes an actual white van, Astro I believe) guys a couple of years back when I was going to school at Berkeley. I was walking to class through Northside when it happened:

Them: Hey man, you wanna buy some speakers?
Me: Naw, I already got some.
Them: Really, what kind?
Me: Dynaudios
Them: *drives away*

LOL :D

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i had a full-sized trailer (40 footer) pull up in our neighborhood and try to sell us furniture. beat that!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I've been approached twice at the Best Buy parking lot on Arden- the first time I mis-heard them so I thought they were going to just GIVE me the speakers for free since they had them left over from a delivery- when they started talking money I said no thanks.
The second time I just remarked that this must be a popular location for this sort of thing.

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
Last month I was parking my car in the NW Oklahoma City Best Buy parking lot when a white van pulled up beside me. The driver held a clipboard with an invoice and said that he had an extra set of speakers left over from a delivery that he wanted to get rid of.

He opened the side door & showed me about 6 boxes of speakers. He showed me a magazine ad where the speakers were being sold for $2,400.00 but he only wanted $500.00.

A Best Buy employee picking up shopping carts yelled at me to not buy those speakers. I walked away & they changed the price to $100.00 per speaker.

As I was walking into Best Buy, the employees asked if the guys in the van were trying to sell me speakers. That’s when about 4 employees headed out to the van to chase them off.

P.S. The real guys you have to watch out for in OKC are guys in white vans selling steaks that are so bad your dog won't eat them!

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member

Funny. I was talking to a coworker the other night and he bought some of those, he agreed they were terrible. Then he was visiting his parents over the weekend and a white van came around selling seafood.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member

Theres at least one company of door-to-door frozen food sellers thats good:

Anchor's Away Seafood-Meat Company has to have the best beef tenderloin I have ever tasted. And my 250lb self has had alot of tenderloin.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Marty Christion

Stunt Coordinator
I was recently approached in a Best Buy parking lot. For some reason, it just seemed really tacky to be approaching people in the parking lot of a stereo store. How unprofessional. ;)

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Shame on them for claiming to offer stolen speakers when they're not really stolen.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, given where I live, I don't think I'll be having this happen to me anytime soon, but when it comes to feeling a certain way when you're targeted for a scam, I felt a great source of pride for some reason when I got one of those help get a lot of money out of a Nigerian bank email thingies.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I wonder if anyone has ever tried to turn down the white van guys by telling them they have a Bose system.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks