What's new

Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas: Criterion -- specs are out! (1 Viewer)

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Jefferson-

Funny, I always interpreted it to be an anti-drug film.

Great movie, great dvd, and possibly the best cover art EVER!

"as your attorney I advise you to rent a very fast car..."

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Oh, f*cking hell. :angry:
That's a blow. I just pre-ordained thy Gonzo DVD yesterday! I see that The Killers DVD will include Andrei Tarkovsky's near-forgotten student short-film version of Hemmingway's seemingly universal tale. Thanks, Criterion! :emoji_thumbsup:
Oh well, I guess it can't be all good news. Any word on more Neil Young DVD-Audio editions of his best albums? ;) I'd go to Hell and back to get DVD-Audio editions of Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, Tonight's The Night, On The Beach, Zuma and Rust Never Sleeps! But I've heard that After The Goldrush may be on the cards this year...
Sorry for going off on one, folks! :D
Gordy

Matthew_S

Second Unit
Jon, would you be referring to the Commentary with Hunter S. Thompson himself? I'm pretty excited for that!

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Is there a reason the cover looks slightly different on DVDEmpires site than it does on Criterions?
458699h.jpg

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Yes, the one on DVD Empire is the final cover. That's a scan directly from the disc case itself. Criterion haven't updated their site with either specs or artwork yet.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Now if criterion could just get the DVD rights for a Region 1 Lost in La Mancha release later this year...

Dan

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
Damn! I don't like the cover dvdempire is showing. I hope thats an error.
Notice, though, that the back-cover image has a plastic "flap" over on the right edge. I wonder if perhaps the specs are printed on a clear plastic slip-case, and if DVD Empire just had the slip-case on back-to-front when they scanned the disc.

I hope so. That would be nice...

BrentJ

Second Unit
Notice, though, that the back-cover image has a plastic "flap" over on the right edge. I wonder if perhaps the specs are printed on a clear plastic slip-case, and if DVD Empire just had the slip-case on back-to-front when they scanned the disc.
Yea that would be cool. I sure hope thats what has happened.

Vic_T

Stunt Coordinator
Just did it. Now I'm hoping that DVDEmpire.com fulfills their promise of delivering as soon as stock comes in. Hopefully I should get it on the 28th. And for $31 after shipping I'm happy.
I pre-order from DVD Empire all the time. They usually ship on the Friday before the release date and I almost always get it on the Monday before release. The only time my order got delayed, I got it on the Tuesday of release; and that I saw coming. It was on, what I like to call, the Big Tuesday (LotR:FotR EE, Star Wars 2, South Park, and Montery Pop AND right before Thankgiving. I can imagine they must have been busy that week!)

Of course, it depends on what part of the country you live in, but I've always been happy with thier shipping... Amazon, on the other hand ....grrrrrr.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
on the cover discrepancy-
yes, notice how the text on the back cover seems to have 'shadow'- meaning it must be printed on the plastic.
So I guess the drawing (beige/black) printed on the actual paper, and the red/black text is printed on the plastic?
here's the link:
http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...9&tab=5&back=1
I have never seen this before (ink printed on the actual plastic). I suppose it adds a psychidelic look to the text.
But, if all this was true, wouldn't the illustration be upside down? It has to be, unless a printing error occured, which I highly doubt.
Can someone please confirm or deny this?
This is very important to me; (For reasons I am not at liberty to reveal, this may or may not prevent me from buying the disc).
Anyway, this has the potential to become one of my favorite dvd sets. Whoever thought Criterion would do this title? Talk about unique extras! Commentary by Thompson??? Wow!

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
I asked DVDempire to re-scan the covers, so hopefully this will be cleared up by the end of tomorrow.

Nathan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks