What's new

Favourite Theme Song (1 Viewer)

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I think Hawaii Five-O's best themes were from the 8th and 10th seasons, although the 11th season theme was its most refined and modern. The 12th (last) season theme was horrible and so were the scripts and no sign of Danno....but that's another story.

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator
Perhaps it is the soaring, sweeping, orchestral melodic arc that evokes the Romantic Period in Western Music. Perhaps it is just nostalgia. I don't know, but, if I have to pick just one theme, I'd pick "Twelve O'Clock High".

DG

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator
Fun thread! I see some good choices in here and agree with most of them as classic tv themes! I think I would add the themes from
Xena WP
Hercules TLJ
Young Hercules. (I love Joseph LoDuca's compositions)
I also really like the theme from Dr. Quinn Medicne Woman.

Rob P S,that theme from "Angie" really takes me back! (and now I can't get it out of my head ;) )
I remember that theme song getting a lot of air time on the radio while the show was first running. I bought the 45 rpm record and I think I just about wore it out with continuous playing. (along with my 45 record of the theme from Laverne and Shirley)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I found a new appreciation for this song a few years back when I was at a Piano bar in Boston. The place was full of early 20's kids (mostly female) and when they started playing that song, I thought "No one here is even going to know this!", but they all went NUTS over it! It was awesome!

But my all time favorite TV theme song: "Cheers".

Bryan Krantz

Stunt Coordinator
I always liked the themes from yesteryear that provided a quick synopsis of the show. Gilligans Island, Green Acres, Beverly Hillbillies. Watch (or just listen to) the theme and you know pretty much all you need to know abouth the program. Also, in no particular order:
U.F.O.
The original Battlestar Galactica
Rescue Me
Enterprise (Guess I'm the one)
St Elsewhere
The Superfriends
'67 Spider-man
Dukes of Hazzard
Miami Vice

Stephanie B

Agent
Real Name
Stephanie
my favorites are

xena
hercules
i love lucy
dick van dyke show
full house
home improvement
my little pony and friends
garfield and friends - the friends are there song
chip and dale rescue rangers
gargoyles
goof troop
ducktales
gummi bears
get smart
grimms fairy tales
david the gnome
cbs story break
care bears
walker texas ranger
teen titans
the real ghostbusters
teenage mutant ninja turtles
darkwing duck
tailspin
he-man

if i think of any more ill add em

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks