What's new

Favorite "Pay Per View" Video Streaming Service? (1 Viewer)

What is your favorite "pay-per-view" video streaming service?

• CinemaNow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M-Go

• Redbox

• Target Ticket

• Total voters

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I'm going with Vudu, based more on their vast library, 5.1 or 7.1 audio on most new titles, 3D availability, UV support, and overall stability of the service.

CinemaNow would be one of my least favorites, due to its instability, lack of 5.1 support on newer titles, and lack of platform support (they lost Sony TV and BD players last year).

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Warner Archive. Lots of HD movies there that aren't available in HD anywhere else.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
bigshot said:
Warner Archive. Lots of HD movies there that aren't available in HD anywhere else.
It would be nice if Warner Archive would start rolling out on other devices besides Roku, iPad, and PC/Mac.

But is this service more like Amazon Prime, where you get a selection of monthly streaming titles, plus the option to rent or purchase individual titles? Or is it more like Netflix, with only a rotating library of titles to stream?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm sort of agnostic on the delivery method, because I don't do a lot of pay-per-view watching.

I've found that I prefer something delivered via a service like Amazon or iTunes vs. my cable company's PPV. Sometimes things work totally fine on my cable box; sometimes they don't. It's easier just to avoid.

I have an AppleTV and a Roku (older version) that take turns using the last HDMI port on my TV. If the AppleTV is plugged in, I usually will go with an iTunes rental; if the Roku is plugged in, I'll use Amazon. Vudu won't work on my older Roku, so I don't end up using it for rentals, but if they ever added it to my Roku or AppleTV, I might give it a whirl. (I like the Vudu interface when I use it at other peoples houses.) At the moment I'm not using anything for surround sound, so the ability to stream 5.1 tracks isn't a factor for me.

Basically, whatever's plugged in and loading fastest at the moment is what gets my vote.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
mattCR said:
VuDu has a better quality stream then anything else going. It's not even close in my book.
Next time I do a streaming rental, I'll try to remember this - thanks!

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
Todd Erwin said:
I'm going with Vudu, based more on their vast library, 5.1 or 7.1 audio on most new titles, 3D availability, UV support, and overall stability of the service.

CinemaNow would be one of my least favorites, due to its instability, lack of 5.1 support on newer titles, and lack of platform support (they lost Sony TV and BD players last year).
I very rarely stream...but agree with your points on both services. Lost CinemaNow from my BD player. And having 3D puts VuDu over the top. Not to mention they have a daily 99-cent selection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks