What's new

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I thought I'd heard all the principal actors were signed to a 3-pic deal. Though if Doom is masked during the whole film, there's little point in paying McMahon to play the role. He could just do a couple of days voice work.

JoSAN

Second Unit
Real Name
Home Theater Forum
Latest word has it that Canadian actor Bruce James will be cast as the Silver Surfer (over whom there will be CGI enhancements to make him shiny silver).

Also from Tim Story's blog:

JoSAN

Second Unit
Real Name
Home Theater Forum
Latest FF2 news...

Beau Garrett joins the cast as Frankie Raye, whom comic fans will recognize as Johnny's girlfriend and the person who replaces the Surfer as Galactus' herald
Picture of the actress here:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/fa...ws.php?id=4766

Doug Jones will portray the body of the Silver Surfer, overwhich "state of the art CGI," according to Fox Chairman Tom Rothman, "as great as modern technology can make him," will be applied. He says that Galactus will appear in the movie. It is possible that a Silver Surfer movie will spin off from this FF appearance, just as in the comics. Another actor will eventually provide the voice of the Surfer. Full interview here:

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...=462&Itemid=99

Tim Story has commented that even the work-in-progress for the Surfer looks incredible. He says that we will see a glimpse of the Surfer in the first teaser trailer.

They haven't picked an actor to do the voice of the Silver Surfer yet but, Tim, if you're reading this, you've GOT to consider Hugo Weaving for the part. No stranger to big budget movies (LOTR, Matrix) or comic book adaptations (V for Vendetta), Hugo as the perfect voice to capture the nobility and pathos that is the Surfer. If he could act through the frozen "V" mask in Vendetta he can emote through CGI. Cast him! :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Hopefully, the Surfer will be taken over by the Carnage symbiote like in those issues of Amazing Spider-Man. ;)

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I'm starting to look forward to this movie just because of the Silver Surfer and Galactus. I actually wouldn't mind if the Fantastic Four take a much smaller role in the film. :)

JoSAN

Second Unit
Real Name
Home Theater Forum
I just knew you would, Greg! :) Like I've always said -- it's a fun, enjoyable movie.

Harpozep

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
I'm no stranger to comics. I've been collecting, reading and selling them since 1968, when I was eight years old! I have owned my own collectibles/games/comic book store since 1990. We currently have in stock hundreds of thousands of comic books. Finding time read them is the problem:laugh:

I got into the FF around issue 129 and worked my way backwards to #1 , enjoying the Lee/Kirby worlds immensely.

The Inhumans were always my favorite subgroup within the FF world.
I'm hoping the powers that be can do justice to the Galactus/Surfer story line. I'm not optimistic though.:crazy:

If the Surfer even says the word "DUDE", I'm outta here!:eek: :laugh:
I have nightmares of this happening:laugh: :P

Oh yeah, I found the first film so-so. Not great,. It may be worth another viewing. I just did not like the Reed/Sue/Doom love triangle.
Sue wants the Sub Mariner , not Doom! Perhaps she'll get Subby in the Civil War now that she's left Reed, but I digress........
. The acting was a bit better than the Corman version, but I liked the Corman version. Really, it was a cheezy movie-of-the-week style movie with bad acting and poor pacing, but for some reason I still find it amusing :eek: :laugh:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I was under the impression that Doom loved her, but the feeling wasn't mutual. She just saw it as a working relationship.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I think it was more that Doom wanted her because she was Richards' girl, another trophy to lord over him. Sue liked the attention but wasn't really that into the relationship... her heart still belonged to Reed. More like a jealousy triangle if you ask me.

JoSAN

Second Unit
Real Name
Home Theater Forum
First pic of the Fantasticar...

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...tasticar_x.htm

I think it looks great! I especially like the way the write-up says how Tim Story rejected Flattery's original design concepts because they were "too aggressive" (Flattery had previously designed the Batmobile in Batman Begins).

"He wanted something that looked less like a predator and more friendly. That's always been the Fantastic Four theme," said Flattery.

I never liked the way most super-hero adaptations have been automatically made in a dark and aggressive tone -- since 1989, "the Batman treatment" has been applied, in varying degrees, to virtually all super-hero films, which is just plain wrong-thinking. Each super-hero has their own distinct flavor and so should, naturally, have a separate style, not be a copycat. The F.F. has always been an essentially fun comic with larger-than-life action and I'm glad Story is keeping the correct tone for his F.F. movies. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The FF were always cash poor, so securing an endorsement is something Reed would do. And, if I were Dodge, I'd want my name on that beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks