What's new

Everwood Season 3 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

Draw it out for the length of the season I'm sure. :)

I miss Harold being a real character who contributes to the story. I don't mind the comic relief he provides, but reducing him to ONLY comic relief is a waste of a great actor and character.

I also miss Irv. He's on the opening credits still, but I don't remember seeing him at all this season. Is the actor okay?

I liked Andy's self righteousness being smacked down like that.

I also liked the slight nod to "like father like son" with Ephram trying to juggle his work, which he is obsessive with, and his friends and family, whom he really cares about. I hope they keep up with that concept.

This was the first episode I got to watch in High-Def! Waaaay pretty picture! So, my thoughts on the content should not be trusted because I was drooling over the pretty TV! :D

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think so; he was in an episode for thirty seconds co-leading Dr. Jake's power walk. There's an upcoming episode in which Irv and Edna's marriage hits the rocks, so his presence should grow a bit.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
but how could a doctor live in this town(supposed to be pretty small, but how small can it be if it has its own community college?)for a couple years now, and have not at least heard about anne heche's character, and her husband the stroke victim?

i mean, with the level of gossip a small town has, and him having edna as his nurse, hanging out at nina's restaurant, etc.

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
I continue to watch Everwood because the writer's get just enough of the teenage experience right that it stays rooted in reality.

I think it's just entertaining as hell, engages my overbusy mind.

This week was fun. Anne Heche is a real actress and she played that role perfectly. Too bad her personal problems derailed her career, I have always seen her as a very strong actress. OK, she went crazy for a while. :)

Nina and Dr. Kiddo was funny. Her epiphany was almost completely communicated on her face.

I said this last season and I'll say it again. At 8000 feet in October it's way to cold to wear a long sleeve tshirt. ;)

Until next week.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I found out that Hannah played the Jaye-wannabe on Wonderfalls. I remember that episode! Holy moly, I knew Hannah would be cute underneath the nerd wardrobe, but not that cute!

Evan M

Second Unit
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Interesting.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/25/04

A recruiter shows up at Ephram's school to ask him to consider Colorado A&M for college. Ephram decides to give it a shot, but Andy invites himself along for the tour.

Andy can be such a child sometimes, it was downright painful to watch him try to sabotage Ephram's trip to Colorado A&M.

Irv and Edna are headed in different directions as Irv gets fired, and wants to slow down to a life of leisure, while Edna must keep herself busy, else she knows not what to do with herself.

Andy gets a glimpse of who the stroke victim he's working on was by watching videos of him supplied by his wife (Anne Heche). Glad to see the wife take a stand against Andy insistence on music as therapy and not get railroaded by Andy's "Doctor knows best" attitude.

Harold does his darnedest to get Amy to apply to Princeton, while Amy is steadfast in only considering colleges close to New York (to be close to Ephram), so her choices are located around the New York and Boston areas. Harold confronts Amy with her pattern of giving up her personal dreams to be with another person. Harold even asks Ephram to convince Amy to at least apply to Princeton to keep her options open. Amy doesn't acquiesce to Ephram's request, but Ephram takes matters in his own hands, and send in the application for her, even writing the essay, one that referenced a poem that Harold mentioned during his visit with Ephram.

In the scene with Ephram and Harold, I felt Emmy Electricity in that scene. That scene was just so right in the way Harold grokked the extent of Ephram's talent, as he was able to grasp the musical nuances that Ephram's gift allows him to handle musical details on a totally different level than normal folks, much like Andy's talent and desire in surgery.

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
Amy is going to kill Ephram for sending in the application for her. He better get as much sex as he can starting next episode 'cause he'll be cut off when she gets the response from Princeton. :) Although it looks from the preview that she's mighty pissed about it not being his first time.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Let's hope Amy's grown up a little bit, though you'd think she might have suspected Ephram getting frisky with the babysitter, even if she didn't want to consider the possibility. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/1/04

Pretty good character-driven episode.

Ephram does the right thing in getting tested for STDs, and Jake lets that tidbit out of the bag when he consults Andy about protocol for testing underaged teens for STDs.

Andy and Harold have a blustery time about talking about the topic of sex with Ephram and Amy respectively.

Ephram and Amy talk about their fathers' attempts to get them to not have sex. Amy's bothered by Ephram's STD test because he didn't tell her he was doing it until after the fact.

Amy confronts Edna about blabbing Ephram's test to Andy and Harold, and Edna gets to Amy to talk about her sexual insecurities she has considering Madison was older, prettier, and more sexually experienced. Edna reins in Amy's insecurities, and utters those 6 scary words: "The first time Irv and I...." that pretty much put the kibosh of sex for the time being in Amy's mind.

Edna tears Jake a new one for letting the cat out of the bag w/r/t patient confidentiality.

Amy helps Hannah with contacts to break her out of her shell. Hannah's still hung up on Bright. Hannah goes to where Bright works, a diner, and pretends to want to apply for a job. Bright invites her to see a movie that night. Later that night, Hannah actually makes a move on Bright, but he's unprepared for her advances, and he doesn't handle it well.

Nina sets up a date with Andy, but when she arrives, Andy and Ephram have a blow-up on the topic of sex, and that kills the night for Nina, who finds out that Andy still considers her just a friend while she wants to be more than friends with Andy.

Later, Nina sees Hannah crying, and it's because of what happened between her and Bright. Nina tells Hannah that she's brave for taking a chance (considering Nina's been a scared-y cat with her feelings towards Andy).

Amy gives Bright a pep talk about not pushing away the people that care about him, and while it's not too late to salvage some friendships, the doors of opportunity are running out for him.

Bright send over a peace offering to Hannah and an apology for being such a putz (because of his situation is less than ideal, he's in limbo, and isn't prepared to get involved with anyone at this time.)

Ephram and Amy go see "The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" (nice selection!) and then talk about their feelings toward one another. Ephram gives Amy the news of a clean bill of health and also gives Amy a necklace with a gold ring, which Amy likes a lot. Amy reveals that she's on the pill, and got on the pill while she was dating Tommy. Ephram was a little miffed by it, but in a jovial mood as they walked home.

Ephram and Amy are probably too mature in their views towards their relationship and sex, but I'll roll with it.

Andy and Harold's attempts to keep their kids from bumping uglies will undoubtedly prove futile, but eventually Andy will have to tell Ephram about Madison's pregnancy, and that's just going to detonate a bomb that could decimate Ephram and Amy's relationship if Ephram goes looking for Madison and possibly his child.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Nina looked great. Andy is blind. However, when he was leaving the Abbotts' at the end, you could see he was envying the partnership that Harold and Rose have. Maybe he will snap out of it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Another good piece of acting by Treat Williams was when Ephram was confronting Andy about why Andy is so adamant about Ephram and Amy not engaging in sex, you could see in his face the weight of carrying around the secret of Madison's pregnancy, and then he had to scramble for some other plausible excuse.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
when nina asked andy out, did anyone else hear her saying "there's a topless place" instead of tapas? :b

and amy saying madison was prettier than her? no way.

Evan M

Second Unit
I must confess, I thought she said "topless", too... I couldn't figure that one out. What is "tapas", anyways? I'm unfamiliar with that and have never heard of it.. so I at least have a good excuse for hearing it as "topless"... Yeah, that's the ticket.

As far as Amy thinking Madison is prettier than her... you must remember she's a teenager in a new relationship who has never had sex before and is comparing herself to her boyfriends previous partner... that is a completely natural feeling and I was impressed by the weight and reality that the scene put on the feelings that accompany having sex for the first time. (I completely agree, however, that Madison doesn't hold a candle to Amy... man, she's hot.)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/15/04

Rose and Harold disagree on how to help Bright out after he lies to them about getting fired from his waiter job. Rose employs nepotism and Harold is firmly against this tact.

Andy continues to get close to Amanda, wife of John the stroke victim, and they delve in their past romantic lives (or lack of). While out on the bridge where stroke victim proposed to Amanda, listening to some sappy songs, it appeared that an emotional response, crying, by John occured, much to the surprise of Andy. The whole town finds out about the new development. Andy and Jake discuss that it's possible that other factors could have contributed to the crying, so it's not likely the music therapy was responsible for the reaction. Amanda is still okay with letting the town think Andy's work helped.

Ephram and Will work on his piece that he'll play for the judges at Julliard, and Will offers an original piece, and Ephram is enthusiastic about it, but later tinkers with it, and this brings on the wrath of Will, causing tension between them. Amy tries to keep up with Ephram's internal struggles with music, but he is speaking a language that she can never quite grasp. Will later shows up at Ephrams studio, and is shown how the computer can take the keyboard input and create MIDI files from the performances. Will is impressed with the technology, and then has Ephram play, without any volume on the keyboard, the changes to Will's piece because Will wants Ephram to "see" the music being played. Ephram gets Will's drift, but finally acknowledges that he needs a new teacher due to Will's hearing loss getting worse. Will is ready with a referral, and contends that this will be their last lesson together, and has Ephram play him out with their piece of music.

Overall, a transitional episode. Bright's "future" threatens to divide Rose and Harold. Andy appears to have developed genuine feelings for SVW, and her eyes share the same sentiment. Ephram's training will continue on with a different teacher, whose more into classical and isn't afraid to crack the whip on his pupils. I'll miss JEJ as Will, he was a hoot.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Truly JEL's episode. Fantastic stuff. Anne Heche was great, too; this is perhaps my favorite of her roles, including film.

I did like the reversal of the Amy ultimatum last year, with the difference that Rose went for it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/22/04

Amanda makes a move on Andy, via a play-date with their children, but Andy pulls away because of her husband still in the picture.

Nina's son Sam is hurt while skating at an ice rink, and Andy doesn't answer the call, so Nina has to rely on Jake who stitches up Sam's chin, and Nina's impressed with Jake's bedside manner. Jake leaves a date (with his real-life wife Kelly from Real World New Orleans) to tend to Nina and Sam.

Ephram and Amy stall in their make-out sessions, the latest awkward outing of things not happening is at the drive-in. Amy comes up with a plan to get busy at her family's cabin. Ephram ask Andy if it's okay, and Andy relents. Amy lies to Harold, telling him that she'll be staying overnight with Hannah.

At the cabin, Amy freezes up, and Ephram eases back on the throttle and they just spoon to sleep. The next morning, Amy gets a little friskie and Ephram gets excited as well and it's "game on". Now, we don't know if they had safe sex (plus the plug for the teen pregnancy website at the end doesn't make it seem like Ephram and Amy were all that responsible dancing like rabbits).

Amy sort of gives her parents the location where she got busy with Ephram, and Harold immediately suggest they sell the cabin to ward off any more possible rendezvous at the cabin.

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
Teenagers have sex!??! I am apalled! ;) While the dialogue of Amy and Ephram is more like dialog than real life (thankfully) the situation was executed realistically. With both Harold and Andy trying to be enlightened fathers yet instinctively needing to be protective, the conflict was poignant.

Ann Heche rules. The way she played the scene with Treat where they realize the mutual attraction, with it being a tight shot on her face and the editing being a bit overdone (IMHO) was excellent.

I didn't feel like there was a weak spot in this one, even though it was not a "stand up and cheer" episode.

Gotta love Hanna looking at childhood photos of Bright. She could stay there forever and yet Amy had other things on her mind.

Andy screws up so often, I was surprised he knew the right thing to do as far as Amanda was concerned. But he did make the ethically right choice.

Oh, and my wife thinks Ephram's hair was better in the shots in the intro than in the current show. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/29/04

Okay, let's see what I can recall from last night:

Andy convinces Harold to do his "pro bono" work with John and Amanda so that Andy didn't have to see her again because of his improper attraction to her, which is mutual.

Andy encounters Amanda at the school play, and it's a chilly encounter to say the least.

Harold shows up at Amanda and John's house, with slide projector in hand and proceeds to go cover the benefits of using colors as emotional therapy for John. Amanda is not amused, and basically fires Harold on the spot as she's given up the chase for progress in John's condition.

Ephram spots of a flyer for "Joe Lies" playing in town, and this was the band that Madison fronted last year. So Ephram's curiousity, plus getting spotty advice from Bright upon a chance encounter at a diner, gets the better of him, and he cancels his date with Amy to go check out "Joe Lies", and Ephram finds out that it was all for naught as the band has a new female lead singer, but one of the band members gave Ephram her number.

Later, Ephram tells Andy that he went to see "Joes Lies" in an effort to see Madison, and that gets Andy all verklempt, but he is relieved when Ephram said that Madison isn't in the band anymore, that he was over Madison, and he left Madison's number (written on a napkin) with Andy so that perhaps Delia could talk to her if she wanted that to happen. Andy is doubly relieved to have the number now.

Amy goes digging around Hannah's evasiveness when it comes to her parents, and Nina at least confirms to her that Hannah's parents aren't living in Hong Kong, but Hannah would have to be the one to tell her the rest of the story. Amy go to talk to Hannah, and finally Hannah admits that her father is stricken with Huntington's disease, which is pretty much a degenerative mental disease with no cure (this was gleaned from Amy's research in the library, and Dr. Jake returning some overdue books and adding to Amy's understanding of the disease). Amy is said for Hannah, but that's precisely why Hannah was guarded about her father condition as she didn't want to be the girl to be pitied. Hannah also tells Amy that when her older brother went off to college, her mother didn't have enough resources to take care of her and her father, so that's why she's moved in with Nina for her final few years of high school.

Ephram feels guilty about going to see "Joe Lies" and when Amy comes over to talk about Hannah, Ephram thinks Amy is going to bust him about seeing Madison, and when he lets the cat out of the bag, Amy gets indignant and defensive and leaves in a huff. Ephram should have just played it cool, but he just can't.

Andy goes to see Amanda after finding out that she kicked out Harold, and before you know it, they finally kiss, and kiss, and I could have sworn to see some French being spoken between them... credits roll.

Oh, we won't get another new episode of Everwood until the middle of January. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks