What's new

Ever "upgrade" your SVS driver? (1 Viewer)

Colin Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 16-46CS with a born on date of 04-17-01. Not sure if it has the "old standard" driver in it or not? I'm waiting to hear back from Tom V concerning that. Anyhow,I'm just curious.....

Has anyone upgraded from a standard driver to a CS woofer "upgrade driver" and was pleased with the results?

Tom V said to get the performance I want I should consider another 16-46 CS,and even has offered a discount!!! Very nice!!:) But the mrs. keeps reminding me of our daughters college fund!! I hate it when she is right!:frowning:

Colin

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
You have an original woofer. The ISD started shipping in December of 2001.

I recommend the driver upgrade; all who have performed it have been quite pleased with the improvements. You will get about 1.0-1.5 dB more headroom/clean output and more resistance to bottoming. I'm sure the motor strength and thermal power handling are improved over the original too.

It won't come close to the effect of adding a second sub - that would give you 6 dB co-located. But if funds are tight, it's a decent bump in performance. Then you can squirrel away $10/week until you can buy another 16-46 CS. ;)

Colin Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Ed. Thats good news!!! The main reason I wanted to upgrade, besides maybe a little bit better bass, was the fact of my driver "occasionally" bottoming out.

And yes, I have calibrated my system several times with Avia, SPL meter ect.ect......

Thanks,
Colin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks