1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Escape Plan" Review

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Yavin, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Yavin

Yavin Stunt Coordinator

Ben Mk
    Here's my full review: http://cinematicallyenigmatic.blogspot.ca/2013/10/EscapePlanReview.html

In short:
    Rating: 3 out of 5.

2. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    This is the second Arnold movie in a row where I've been the only one in the theater.

This here is without a doubt one of the dumbest most logically flawed movies that you will ever see but it's still a must see for fans of the two action legends. I thought they kept the film entertaining from start to finish and both are given some pretty good lines including Arnold getting a fight going after insulting a man's mother in a hilarious way. The action scenes are mostly good, although they're pretty much saved up for the finale. The action is certainly pure 80s cheese but the stuff inside the prison really isn't too different than what we saw back in those pictures from the 30s.

This film isn't doing too good at the box office so it looks like the two stars are going to need to remake GRUMPY OLD MEN in order to get a hit. It's really too bad because this (and especially THE LAST STAND) are fun throwbacks to a type of action film that is dead and clearly most people don't want to see.

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Decent crowd at my matinee viewing today. It had its moments, and I loved Jim Caviezel as the warden, but the writing could have been better. And between Sly's mush-mouth delivery and Arnold's accent, it was kind of difficult to pick up some of the dialogue.

Also, at the end:

I didn't get why the helicopter didn't book it out of there as soon as Ray was on the ladder? Why stick around and wait for the gun fight? But I guess it gave them an excuse for some more violence and for Ray to make good on his promise to "burn it down" as he escaped.

4. Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs Ambassador

Brian Dobbs
    This film was better than..

[*]The Last Stand
    [*]Bullet to the Head
    [*]Expendables 2
    [/list]
    I enjoyed my time seeing these two do some non-action. Arnold spoke German!

7/10

5. Jari K

Jari K Producer

Sly and Arnold will always stay my "heroes", but with this film the trailer kinda put me off. At first I thought that perhaps this is a bit more low key, like "Escape from Alcatraz meets Prison Break meets Sly/Arnie", but the trailer is full of shooting and explosions.

But yeah, I'll watch it eventually.