What's new

Eraserhead DVD now available for purchase (1 Viewer)

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I ordered it this morning-- only to get a confirmation email receipt indicating that they're sending it to someone who isn't me in Kentucky! So I quickly dashed off a response in their Support section. That's bloody strange.

Tim Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
Duncan_N said:
Looks like I am going to have to wait 5 years to buy a copy.
After waiting so long and experiencing so many anti-climaxes with deferred release dates I was, to say the very least, very upset by the refusal to ship to certain countries because of "contractual obligations". Why the hell couldn't they have posted that little snippet of information right from day one... it would have saved a lot of grief (surely they must have known).

I went to the report a problem page at the David Lynch site and let them know exactly what I thought about the situation - I suggest that yourself and anyone else in this situation do the same; perhaps they will get the message and maybe they can do something about rectifying this sorry situation.

I suppose I am not in such a bad position as the contractual obligations for Australia are only in place until July this year... but you people in the UK have until 2008!!

regards, Tim...

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
God, I didn't even see that...that's got to be some kind of sadistic joke. 2008!!??

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
ERaSerheAD...not only is this my favorite Lynch film, it's also my highest anticipated DVD of all time!

Hope I don't die of natural causes before the damn ordering page appears!:)

Eraserhead is still the creepiest and most disturbing film EVER made, IMHO...nothing else even comes close.

"There's a baby".

JOn

Juan C

Second Unit
Well, I live in Switzerland, so I could buy it. But I just discovered shipping would be $35, so I think I'll keep my full-frame Spanish sorry excuse for an Eraserhead DVD for now.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I don't have a complaint about the cost, per se, but I do think for that high a price tag they should at least list the specs and a description of the extras.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
So no one knows what the extras are? I'm dying to know!

I ordered it this morning-- only to get a confirmation email receipt indicating that they're sending it to someone who isn't me in Kentucky! So I quickly dashed off a response in their Support section. That's bloody strange.
Hmm, I didn't get a confirmation email at all. And my card hasn't been charged yet. I hope my order went through.

Oh, you are sick!

Chris Clark

Agent
There was a bit of a delay on my confirmation email as well. I ordered on Thursday afternoon and did not get the note until 11ish that night. My guess would be that they are processing a large load of orders since it was just announced.

-Chris

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I just got shipping notification!!!

I'll make sure to post my thoughts when it arrives.

Matt Everett

Stunt Coordinator
Not only is shipping $9, but did you notice the disclaimer on the last page of checkout?

"....davidlynch.com is not responsible for damage to products that occur during shipping".

So if your DVD is scratched, you have to file a complaint with UPS, I guess? All I know is other companies send me DVDs via UPS and it certainly doesn't cost $9 for UPS 5-7 Day Ground. AND they replace the disc if it's scratched.

"In Heaven", to quote the film, you'd certainly get better service.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah, maybe...but from the people that got his Shorts a while back, I get the impression that they come in really good packaging.

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
I think the price is a bit steep as well, but since it is an independent release, I'll support it. Sure wish Lynch would get cracking on those Deleted Scenes to Fire Walk With Me though.

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
Whatever happened to the R2 SE that was supposed to contain them? I seem to remember that it's being released by MK2, who OWNS the film...

(EDIT: Oh yeah, read the site, still being worked on...oops.)

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator
Lynch own the rights to the film himself (not a company, per se) and will be releasing it directly through him (his website). Thus, he will not be releasing it to stores... Most films/DVDs are released by major studios and thus have the ability to ship to places across the continent at no real additional expense. Lynch likely doesn't see it being economically worthwhile to ship a product he has spent so much money on, that has such a niche market (all those interested in it likely already know how to get it), to thousands of stores across North America...

I'm kinda guessing here. Other reasons could very well exist.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I hear you, John.

I'd also like to see a nice Lost Highway disc...but it looks like we'll at least get Wild At Heart later this year.

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
As much as I love "Eraserhead" (something which has always baffled people I meet in "real life" who have also seen the film), I'm going to take a "wait and see" attitude until I see a few reviews of the disc. I haven't ordered from Mr. Lynch before, so I want to hear about other people's experiences with the EH disc, and any other purchases made through the DL.com store.

I don't know if this is the proper forum (does this fall under manufacturer feedback?) to discuss such things as shipping methods (if it's high because he's shipping it via UPS with tracking numbers or what), packaging, customer service, etc. Basically, I want to know what to expect when I place my order for the EH DVD in the next month or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks