What's new

DVD Thinpak and other Slim Cases (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Does anyone happen to know if any of the cover sites out there have any custom covers for the Blu-ray version of Band of Brothers? I'm hoping to take mine out of their metal case and put the six discs into three double Blu cases.

I seem to remember that custom covers were all the rage for the SD Band of Brothers set...but I haven't been able to find any yet for the BD version.

Maybe I'll have to take some initiative! :D

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Having seen the recent referral to this thread by Mike, I thought I'd post a quick note to say that my past comments disparaging DiscSox use of vinyl are no longer valid -- that company has made an active effort to switch their products to pure polypropylene.

I'm actually looking at their "HiDef Pro Sleeves" for my BluRays now (because I do not want to use binders for my BluRays, though binders were perfect for my DVDs).

http://www.mmdesign.com/products/hidef-pro-poly-sleeve.php

(note these are for BluRays only -- they're shorter than DVDs).

I have, however, written to DiscSox asking them if they'll make a top-loading version, since their current design is side-loading -- which means that they're only useful if you stand them upright, as on a shelf. But I put my movies spine-up in boxes, so the discs would unfortunately fall out of the current version of the "HiDef Pro Sleeves".

I also wrote to one of their competitors, pointing out DiscSox's oversight and inviting them to make a similar product more to my liking.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
You know, on all the discs I've bought over the years, I've never gotten even one with a fingerprint. Scratches were the only indication, but I suppose I attributed that to misaligned machinery. Thankfully, this period coincided with a time when retailers were more flexible about returns and exchanges.

But yeah, call in CSI!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A couple of questions.

I am now in the market to buy some slim Blu-ray cases. I might order from the link in my last post. Has anyone ever ordered from them? Or, do you know of other e-tailers who are now stocking slim blu cases?

And, do you know of anywhere which might be stocking two-disc blu slim cases?

=====

I've purchased a bunch of used blus at the Blockbuster sales and figured if I'm going to buy blu cases to put them in (they all come in DVD cases from Blockbuster), I might as well go "slim."

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I bought a 10-pack of Triple Blu-Ray cases from Sleeve City for $8.69 (shipping $8.50 - total $17.19). They are the same width as a normal Blu-Ray case. There is a spindle on the inside front, inside back and a swinging piece with a spindle. I think the price goes down the more you buy. So, while they are not 'slim', at least they are same width as a normal single. I initially bought them to take the single disc Wizard of Oz BR and add the two 'extra' DVDs from the DVD set. I did the same with Gone With The Wind (bought the single disc BR, and moved over the two extra discs from the box-set). Since the swinging piece is easily removable, it also functions as a two-disc case (I did that for Maltese Falcon - one side BR, other for DVD with other versions). I do not see a manufacturer on the cases. Also, since there is a spindle on the front inside, it is not ideal for holding a booklet (although the clips are there). Hope this helps. David

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I just bought the Ten Commandments box 'o stuff and the tablet storage device is the worst I've ever encountered. I've either got to move the 3 blu's to a 3 disk blu-ray case or all 6 discs (3 dvds) to a case that holds 6. Or I could use 2 3 disc cases or I could not give a rats ass about the dvds. I haven't decided yet.. Can anyone recommend a good 6 disc case or a 3 disc case? I see the previous poster is mentioning a disc case. BTW, anyone come up with custom art for the Ten Commandments?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks