What's new

DVD Player set-up? (1 Viewer)

Aristides

Agent
I recently joined the growing ranks of you that own a DVD player.

I have a Panasonic XP-30 (prog scan) DVD player with digital audio out to my Denon 3300 receiver, and component video running directly to a Mitsu WS-55311.

My question:

1. Are individual DVD's flagged for progressive scan output? Or will any DVD play in prog scan format? The reason I ask is that when displaying my TV's on-screen menu it is still saying that the input is 480i not 480p and I'm occasionally seeing artifacts commonplace to interlaced video.

Any ideas?

Peace,
Aristides

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Start with DVDp settings. The Panasonic 30 needs to be set to PROGRESSIVE in the set-up menu. Then the output must be set to Progressive. Reread your manual.

Apparently these units will revert to interlaced if turned off stone-cold, like plugged into a switched outlet on the receiver. Try plugging into a power/surge center outlet.

I am no expert here, but hope these tips will work...

Aristides

Agent
Well, it is possible that it reset itself, although I'm almost positive I have it set up correctly. I have to spend a day with the manuals and see if there is something I'm missing.

Thanks,
Aristides

jim lupi

Grip
there are 2 places in menue to set to prog out. then you must change the 480i to 480p on the onscreen display while a disc is running. this only needs to be done once. see page 9 i believe

Aristides

Agent
:emoji_thumbsup:

Thank you very much, I figured I missed something the first time around. It seems kind of deep into the on-screen display to go to be able to enable prog scan.

Thanks again!

Peace,
Aristides

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks