1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

DVD-A to MD?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Dan Hopkinson, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Dan Hopkinson

Dan Hopkinson Active Member

Does anyone know of a way to make a digital MD copy of a DVD-A? I thought that I could set the output of my player to downgrade the PCM of the DVD-A so that the MD player could copy it, but it does not appear to be working. I am assuming that analog connections will work, but I want to treat that as a last resort. Thanks.

2. JeremyFr

JeremyFr Well-Known Member

the beauty of DVD-A its impossible to record it digitally, and if you're getting a digital signal it would be Dolby Digital audio not the full DVD-A content. Most DVD-A's ahve both high rez audio and a DD5.1 counterpart for those who dont want to buy a dvd-a player but still have multi channel music. The only way that you're going to be able to copy to your MD is through analog. Sorry

Jeremy

3. Rachael B

Rachael B Well-Known Member

Rachael Bellomy
    Dan, you should get excellent results recording DVD-A via analog inputs, maybe the best MD's you've ever made. If you have one of the better decks with a good analog section, that should be the case. I record SACD's via analog quite frequently and the results are truly outstanding. As far as I'm concerned, SACD's are my best source, even better than LP's. Analog recording could become your first resort? Best wishes!

4. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Well-Known Member

Analog works great for DVD-A stereo tracks. Your MDs sourced from DVD-A will sound great.