What's new

DVD-A to MD? (1 Viewer)

Does anyone know of a way to make a digital MD copy of a DVD-A? I thought that I could set the output of my player to downgrade the PCM of the DVD-A so that the MD player could copy it, but it does not appear to be working. I am assuming that analog connections will work, but I want to treat that as a last resort. Thanks.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
the beauty of DVD-A its impossible to record it digitally, and if you're getting a digital signal it would be Dolby Digital audio not the full DVD-A content. Most DVD-A's ahve both high rez audio and a DD5.1 counterpart for those who dont want to buy a dvd-a player but still have multi channel music. The only way that you're going to be able to copy to your MD is through analog. Sorry

Jeremy

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Dan, you should get excellent results recording DVD-A via analog inputs, maybe the best MD's you've ever made. If you have one of the better decks with a good analog section, that should be the case. I record SACD's via analog quite frequently and the results are truly outstanding. As far as I'm concerned, SACD's are my best source, even better than LP's. Analog recording could become your first resort? Best wishes!

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Analog works great for DVD-A stereo tracks. Your MDs sourced from DVD-A will sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks