What's new

Dust in PLV-Z2 (1 Viewer)

AdamLN

Auditioning
OK,I just finished my Four week project building my theater room after weeks of research on projectors Ive decided to go with the SANYO PLV-Z2.To make a long story short after I received my projector I put it up and almost passed out on the clarity of the picture awesome projector.Butt one thing that is driving me crazy is at the top of the screen their was these two circles about4 to 5 inch in diameter,which turned out to be dust on the lcd panel.After speaking with the tech guy he told me to send in projector to have clean I only had the projector up a day or two.The Tech guy insured me he would have the projector back to me in a couple of days.So I shipped the projector to Projector People thats where I bought it.Keep in mind I do live in Arizona, Projector People is in Florida,that projector was cleaned and sent back in like 48 hours or so, unbelievable, anyways I put projector back up and of course it is clean until about half way threw Saving Private Ryan there is another circle in the middle of the screen.I just want to know how to prevent this from happening.The filter is clean it is a brand new projector. Is their a way I can clean the projector myself instead of sending in projector in every time I get dust in it?Thanks allot if anybody can give me any insight on this situation

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Adam,
You can clean the Z2 yourself and It's incredibly easy. Take a look on my site under the "Links" menu. I've added some links on how to clean the Z1 & Z2. Both have the same procedure except the screws to open the Z1 & Z2 case are in different locations. Take a look at both links(Z1&Z2), because they Z1 article is more detailed. To clean the LCD panels, just stick the air straw under the ribbons, the panels are right under the ribbons, just don't touch them. Also if you can tell the color of the blob on the screen then only clean that panel.

The panel order is as follows if you look at the Z2 from the front(you'll know what I mean when you read the article):

Left Side = Red Panel
Center = Green Panel
Right Side = Blue Panel

Also if you shine a flashlight under the ribbons you'll see a colored dot to represent which panel is which. I had a green blob and blew the heck out of the green panel and it's blob free now. Also a lot of people have gotten the blobs it seems by putting th Z2 in "high lamp mode" and then switching it back to "econo mode". The Z2 has terrible filter and switching it back and forth seems to really stir dust up inside the Z2.

AdamLN

Auditioning
Legairre,
You are the man!After reading your reply I opened up projector and cleaned the LCD panels it took altogether about 5 minutes or so put it back together and it worked no more dust awesome THANKS AGAIN
Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks