What's new

DTC-100 Signal Strength Question (1 Viewer)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Im trying to pick up some OTA channels on my DTC-100.

Simple Question.....
Is there a way I can measure signal strenth with my OTA antennna? Or does the DTC-100 only measure the signal strength of the Directv satelite?
Thanks!:D

Brian Fitterman

Stunt Coordinator
When you are watching a OTA digital channel, press enter-7-2 in that order and it will take you to the signal strength meter. Around 40-45 will get you locked on a signal.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I see the signal strength meter, it only says N/A?
Is there anything else visually?
Actually right now im starting simple and am using
Ch 12 Ant B Strength: NA
Analog

I havent figured out how to get my Digital channel yet

Bruce N

Second Unit
Try doing a full channel search, then come back to the signal strength meter. Also, the meter will only show signal strength for digital channels, not analog channels.

Hope this helps!
Bruce

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I did a full channel search and only came up with ch 12
and ch 34 (ch 34 comes in for crap though)

I can get ch 12 perfect (when I take the single bowtie outside )for analog but I cant pick up the same stations (same tower) Digital channel 16.

Thanks about the signal strength on the analog I wasnt aware that you didnt get a strength on that!

I live in a mobile home that Im guessing has aluminum siding...... Is that causing the bad reception possibly?
I tried a single bowtie in my house, bad reception for the most part, but when I hooked it up to a 20Ft run of Cable and took it outside I could get an excellant signal!
Maybee I should just go with an outdoor one?

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
oh and I bought a UHF Bowtie from RS and I was under the assumption that a UHF antenna would only pick up uhf stations (14-70) or whatever?? How come its picking up Vhf channels (12)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks