1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't know where this cable goes...

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Jeff*K, May 22, 2005.

1. Jeff*K

Jeff*K Active Member

Hi, I have the Monster PowerCenter HTS1000 and have realized that I am getting mediocre quality in my gaming as it is very dark and dim and the graphics are scrappy on MVP Baseball 2005. So I thought that might have to do with the PS2 cable being plugged straight to the wall. So I was wondering where in the PowerCenter would I put my PS2 cable in? I see there are slots for Reciever, Main Amp, CD, Tape, VCR, Cable/Sat, TV/Monitor, Phone/network...

Also, I plugged in my HT cable (with a 5 disc progressive scan dvd player) to the DVD Player slot, was that the correct place?

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Well-Known Member

This sounds more like a poor video connection rather than the need for a power conditioner.

As far as I know, the labels on the power-center are for suggestion only. They are all filtered.

I would plug the PS2 power cord into CD, TAPE, VCR or the Cable/Sat as these all use the same amount of power as your PS2.

You mention "HT Cable" the a DVD player and these .. dont seem to relate.

The two high-power devices in your system are likely the TV and the Reciever/Amp. Everything else is a low-power device.

Does this help?

PS: Check the video cable connection between the PS2 and the television. Un-plug and re-connect both sides and see if this helps your dim video problem.

3. Jeff*K

Jeff*K Active Member

Sorry maybe I should've been more clear. I mean that the 5 Disc Progressive Scan DVD Player with the built in amp that came with the HT...

4. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Well-Known Member

That's what she said.......

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Well-Known Member

i don't know if it's a bunch of hooey or not, but i was told that the filters for the audio side and video side are different.

what the difference is i don't know...