What's new

Dogma Documentary finally coming to DVD! (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
The removed documentary from last years Dogma Special Edition is finally coming out on DVD. According to DVD File it will be on the release of the View Askew film, Vulgar. Click here to read about it.
I cannot wait to see this documentary. :emoji_thumbsup:
-Dean-

HenrikTull

Second Unit
You know the animated clown thing that's in the beginning of Clerks? It's about him. Haven't seen the film, but appearantly the clown is a serial killer or something.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
OK, I'm as big a fan of Kevin Smith's movies as anyone...love every one of them...but I smell a rat...

$24.95 for a documentary that "should of" been free on a spec. edition DVD???

The doc got cut at the last minute?

At best, this should be $9.99 or even downloadable from their website (they talk about doing this, did it get done?)

Anyways, don't get me wrong, this just seems like a lot of money for a documentary disk that should of been free to begin with...

-Mike

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Michael,

The doc is on the DVD as an extra. It is going to be on the DVD release of the View Askew film, Vulgar. There is just more than the Documentary on this DVD.

-Dean-

Todd_B

Second Unit
From DVD Review:
Dogma: Take Three (and four)
July 31, 2002
For those of you who just can't get enough Kevin Smith, (and I know you’re out there). Lions Gate Entertainment has announced a third version of the film to hit shelves this fall.
After a fairly decent but barren initial release of the film for the casual viewer, Columbia released the film last year as an excellent special two disc special edition with enough legitimate features to keep anyone occupied. The one missing element was a controversial documentary explaining and in some ways defending the film to its detractors. In the end, the doc was deemed more controversial than the film itself and pulled last minute. The documentary has been restored for this new version and the film itself has been slightly lengthened, most likely with footage previously seen in the deleted scenes section of the existing DVD set. The new DVD will be made available both as the theatrical version or the lengthened version.
So once again, Dogma will hit shelves, this time with two releases from Lions Gate in the fall and with a suggested retail price of $24.95 each.
So is it going to be released on Vulgar and on new edition(s) of Dogma?
Todd B

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
This is the first I've heard about another Dogma release. I think I'd be more likely to rebuy Dogma than to pick up Vulgar.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I think I'd be more likely to rebuy Dogma than to pick up Vulgar.
I'm just going to buy Vulgar (even if that will make me want to purchase Drawing Flies and A Better Place). Dogma is already out there in a great two disc set so no need to repurchase it.
Also, I bet $5 that the "expanded edit" will be the version of the film shown at Cannes.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Or...why not just put it on "Jersey Girls" when that gets released?

Mike

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Or...why not just put it on "Jersey Girls" when that gets released?
Because "Jersey Girl" will be distributed by Miramax, which is owned by the Walt Disney corporation, who ordered "Judge Not: In Defense Of Dogma" to be removed from the "Dogma" DVD in the first place. As for those upcoming "Dogma" discs from Lion's Gate/TriMark, News Askew says the report is bogus.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'm in the same boat as Matt....hmm that sounds odd. :)
I always wanted to see Vulgar anyway, so I figure it's a win-win.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
As of May, right from Walt & Steve-Dave's mouth at the View-Askew booth Vulgar is where the doc is finding home
I too am getting it for the documentary :)

Travis D

Second Unit
Well there seems to be conflict amonst the news sites. Newsaskew.com says they confirmed with Lions Gate that there WILL NOT be any new Dogma DVD's coming out. DAMN! I was hoping to avoid buying a film where a clown gets sodomized for 20 minutes.

But it looks like it will have to be added to the collection.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know how long the doc is? Because it had better not be under 45 minutes long. Just no worth it to see a clown gets sodomized for 20 minutes.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The doc is about 2 hours
There is a similar doc for J&SBSB that should be premiering at San Diego Comic Con this weekend

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
When was Vulgar filmed? Nice, I anticipate the doc for J&SBSB more I must say (if it's ever released).

Also, what the hell is Kevin Smith doing with Miramax. After all the not wanting to promote Dogma and publish and have anything to do with Dogma and what not?!?

Jay and Silent Bob is funny as shiza....

-Bert

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I gotta say, I'd much rather just buy a 2-disc set containg the Dogma & J&SBSB docs. Like most here, I'm not interested in a film in which
a clown gets sodomized for 20 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks