What's new

Dogma Documentary finally coming to DVD! (1 Viewer)

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I rented it cause I'm a Kevin Smith fanboy, and it was truly horrendous. Even the part where the clown gets sodomized.
A bad, bad film that only got made because they're friends of Kevin Smith.

It was nice to see the Dogma documentary, but it was nothing special, and only about half an hour long. I thought it was pretty funny that they kept bleeping out anything that had to do with Disney. Like it wasn't completely obvious who they were talking about.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Jeff, a review I read clocked the documentary at 37 minutes long. I was going to buy this for the doc, but after I heard that, I won't. If anything I'll just rent it. Like you, I was under the impression the doc was around 2 hours long. I have a feeling they may be saving the longer doc (if one does exist) for another VA release?

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I think you guys are confusing the "Judge Not: In Defense Of Dogma" documentary with the "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" doc, which is being edited from footage shot during production by Jennifer Smith (Kevin's wife) and Malcolm Ingram (co-director of "Drawing Flies" and director of "Tail Lights Fade). This particular documentary could possibly be anywhere from two to four hours, but the "Dogma" doc on "Vulgar" is the same version that was supposed to be included on "Dogma: Special Edition" and has been shown at Vulgarthon. That "JASBSB" doc was supposed to be on the "JASBSB" DVD but it's still being edited (as far as I know) in hopes to include it in "Clerks: The 9th Anniversary Edition".

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
Theclown getting sodomized for 20 minutes
really only lasted about 8 minutes. The Dogma documentary is good enough to make me keep the disc.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I feel silly for having to be the one to ask this question, but why!!! does a clown get sodomised for 20 minutes?
Is it voluntary?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Alright guys....enough!

I'm receiving email pointing me to this
thread.

I know you guys are having fun, but some
people aren't seeing it that way.

You guys will remember that I asked that
conversation here not turn tasteless. This
also includes the use of smiley faces to cover
up the fact that what you are writing is tastless.

Well, guys, this is tasteless. The only reason
I am not getting upset over it is because you
made enough spoilers here to keep it under wrap.

I am asking you, however, to just drop the
ongoing joke because I don't want any more
emails asking me to look in on this thread, and
frankly, this forum should be above the kind of
stuff you you guys are talking about.

Okay?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
All I want to know is, is the Doc of Dogma worth the price of a rental or a price of the DVD.

is the doc informative??

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
If you're a fan of Kevin Smith, you'll want to see this documentary. Find a place to rent Vulgar, cuz it's not something you really need in your collection.
This thread initially cracked me up, but then I started wondering "Has anyone here ever seen Deliverance? HBO's Oz?" This sort of sexual abuse shows up in popular entertainment more than rarely.
But true, this time it WAS a clown...
(But here's a question: if it's a Lion's Gate DVD, why are "Miramax" and "Disney" bleeped out? Lawyers afoot, I guess.)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I just rented this thru net flix and didn't realize there was a documentary on the disc about Dogma.

As for Vulgar, I turned it off after the first 40 minutes. I didn't feel like waisting another 40 minutes of my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks