What's new

DISH Install:Is a signal strength of 60 good enough for a picture? (1 Viewer)

Ray Samaroo

Auditioning
That's the reading I am getting on the dish500(119)
I get a much stronger signal on the dish300(61.5).
I am mainly interested in the hd hbo and showtime channels. Can I go ahead with this setup? Will I get my hd channels? Or are they dependent on the other satellites?
Thanks,
Ray

John Stockton

Second Unit
How does the picture look at 60? If that is the best you can do and the picture looks fine, then it should be OK. The two different satellites are independent of each other so one should not affect the other. If you are unhappy you can always call Dish and have them send an installer over and see if he can do better.
------------------

Not great........if your signal is that low because of a wind-blowable obstruction (trees, bushes, etc.) you can bet on having signal dropouts......otherwise, your only nemesis will probably be rain fade - caused by weather patterns between your dish and the satellite.
I would try your darndest to get into the 80's. It took me about 2hrs to get it on high 90's for all transponders.....don't give up yet.
HDTV: don't know
good luck....
K-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks