What's new

DHEA, bad for me? (1 Viewer)

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I sit all day at work in front of a computer trying to stay awake, I then have an hour commute home. In the evenings I work out or play voleyball on a mens team. I am usually dragging by the time I get home and don't have much energy to do those things. A friend of mine recommended DHEA, and I'm like, I don't wanna get "on" pills or things like that?
I don't know. Has anybody heard about, or taken it? Is it unsafe?

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit

Could it possibly be that you are overtraining? Just a thought as it happens to a lot of people.

Less is more, sometimes.

Jason

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Chris- Are you getting at least 8-9 hours sleep a night? If less than that, that might be your problem as well.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
Chris,
I would ask first what your age is?
Secondly DHEA claims to regulate sleep patterns but I find that hard to believe based on personal experience.
Thirdly you can't always believe what you read from one source.A lot of SUPPLEMENTS are at risk of being illegal because of some knot heads over doing it such as ephedra.
If your main issue is being tired I don't think that is what you want. Hell I would fall asleep if I was in front of a computer all day too...:D

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
About 10 years ago i started using DHEA. I was 23 and took it for about 2 years. The main reason I started taking it was because I was having a terrible time falling asleep and I would always wake up in the middle of the night and not fall back to sleep. I began taking DHEA because I read that it helped with sleep. For me, this did work. After about 1 month I began to sleep alot easier and slept through the night. I took about 50mg a day.

After the 2 years I decided to stop taking the pills. I guess with any drug, once you stop taking it your body begins to come down from its high. I had headaches for a few weeks, but after that I was still able to sleep peacefully!

I also read that if you do take it, its recommended you be in your mid 30's.

Paul

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I usually get 6-7 hours of sleep, any more and I start to get bored. I think the main things IS sitting in front of a computer all day and then sitting in the car for an hour.
I don't know. I think I'll pass on the whole DHEA thing.
I think I'll go get a different, more stimulating job.
In fact, I'm gonna go quit right now!...

Oh yeah, Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks