1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Devil and the White City: News or discussion

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Seth Paxton, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Well-Known Member

My wife just finished this popular book, she even added a trip to Chicago to sight see afterward. For those unfamiliar it's about the 1893 Chicago's World's Fair and the person some consider the first serial killer in the US.

Apparently Depp is signed on to be the killer and Universal has the project. Has anyone heard much about this production, where it's at, etc?

edit: Paramount has it, not Universal.

From Variety back in FEB:
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Well-Known Member

I read the book a couple of years ago and enjoyed it very much. If done properly (Depp's involvement a definite plus) this could be an intriguing movie.

3. L. Anton Dencklau

L. Anton Dencklau Well-Known Member

4. mzmartipants

mzmartipants New Member

An acquaintance of mine lives on the property where Howard Pitezel died. You can read about it at:
    holmesinirvington.com

I'm sure the movie will be good on its own, but even better knowing what I do of the house and history.

5. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I never read the this book, after being blown away by Harold Schectors telling previously. Schectors book would make for a truly frightening and disturbing film.

I'm not sure about Depp as he's gotten a little showey in his acting as of late. Someone more subdued like Ed Norton of John c. Reilly would be good.