What's new

Devil and the White City: News or discussion (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
My wife just finished this popular book, she even added a trip to Chicago to sight see afterward. For those unfamiliar it's about the 1893 Chicago's World's Fair and the person some consider the first serial killer in the US.

Apparently Depp is signed on to be the killer and Universal has the project. Has anyone heard much about this production, where it's at, etc?

edit: Paramount has it, not Universal.

From Variety back in FEB:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I read the book a couple of years ago and enjoyed it very much. If done properly (Depp's involvement a definite plus) this could be an intriguing movie.

mzmartipants

Auditioning
Real Name
Marti Abernathey

An acquaintance of mine lives on the property where Howard Pitezel died. You can read about it at:
holmesinirvington.com

I'm sure the movie will be good on its own, but even better knowing what I do of the house and history.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I never read the this book, after being blown away by Harold Schectors telling previously. Schectors book would make for a truly frightening and disturbing film.

I'm not sure about Depp as he's gotten a little showey in his acting as of late. Someone more subdued like Ed Norton of John c. Reilly would be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks