1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Denon AVR-1909 Subwoofer problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Sequoia93, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Sequoia93

Sequoia93 Auditioning

So I'm relatively new to home theater systems and recently built a sort of Frankenstein 7.2 system with a Denon 1909. But, recently the subwoofers havent been powering on unless the volume is turned up loud enough, sometimes switching on and off in between songs, or even turning on in the middle of a song. Everything was working fine originally and I can only imagine some setting I haven't figured out yet is causing it. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Without knowing which subs you got...
    Nope.

3. Sequoia93

Sequoia93 Auditioning

The receiver is the problem as far as I can tell, it's not sending signal to either subwoofers consistently. Also, the subwoofers are completely different brands but turn on/off at the same times. Regardless I'll add the subwoofer models tonight when I'm home.

4. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Typically if the auto on/off of a subwoofer isn't working correctly(and "we" had no way of knowing different brands here)...
    The gain on the sub is too high, which means the gain from the AVR is too low.