What's new

Deep Discount DVD 20% off again!!!!! (2 Viewers)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
PS Anyone know whether these codes are supposed to also work on DeepDiscountCD.com? I forget whether they did last fall.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I love DDD, but they've gotten really slow in turnaround recently.

The fact that I don't think the site shows when an item is in stock or not may have something to do with it.

Case in point: I placed an order Friday for an item that had been released earlier that week. It shipped out the following Wednesday. Lately, that kind of timeframe has become the rule not the exception for me. Couple that with the fact the mail has seemed to be running slower than it used too can make for a long wait. Lately anyting by mail seems to take 5-7 business days regardless of proximity.

It won't keep me from jumping on their next 20% off sale, but they wouldn't get as much business from me as they do if it weren't for the fact that Best Buy, Circuit City, and Target are 30+ miles away from me. And my local Wal-Mart prices suck. Oh, yeah, and K-Mart and Wal-Mart don't always carry items I want.

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
It does show if an item is in or out of stock, but you can only see this after you've put an item in your basket.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Lou Sytsma: I just got a disc I ordered from them a short while ago. You should know that they now charge $5 min. for shipping to Canada, even though they still put the same old $0.28 stamp on it. Even worse, CCRA seems to be hitting their stuff *even though the value is under Cdn$30* (supposed to be exempt)...IOW, on a $10 disc (say, that you can't buy in Canada), you could get hit with US$5 shipping + Cdn$5 handling + all taxes. This only started about a month ago... It's OK for a big order, you expect to get hit, but it's obviously not worthwhile for small ones...just letting you know.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Grant, it's too bad you are experiencing delays in receiving your orders. I usually get my stuff the day before street (like Return of the King) and that is with the free shipping option.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

Yeah, they haven't been too quick for me lately even with pre-orders. I forget where they ship out of though. Are they close to you?

Still, for a place that does easy price-matching and had Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 1 for $7.97 most of the time it's still worth the wait considering my other options.

Cary T

Screenwriter
Did DDD apply the 20% discount for the ones who got their orders in? In email I got the 20% discount, but on the website I was charged regularly.

Cary T

Screenwriter
Did DDD apply the 20% discount for the ones who got their orders in? In email I got the 20% discount, but on the website I was charged regularly.

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
I placed 2 orders. I received both initial e-mails immediately after placing the orders. About two days later I received the second round of e-mails with order numbers, however these e-mails didnt reflect the discount. When I looked up my orders online the discount was reflected in the total. I then received an e-mail that two of my items shipped, however the e-mail listed the full price and not the discounted price.

I just called DDD and was told I was charged the full price for everything that shipped. I informed the CSR that I had an e-mail confirming I was eligible for the discount. She put me on hold and then came back and agreed to adjust the prices on everything that had already shipped. When I questioned whether all of my pre-orders (Videodrome, Blazing Saddles, etc.) would ship at the discounted price she told me she couldnt be sure but more than likely that since this order shipped at full price all of my future orders would also ship at full price. At that point I told her to just cancel my orders. I cant spend time on the phone at work adjusting DVD prices every time something ships. So much for them honoring the discount!! From now on I will stick to Best Buy and Amazon.

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
I placed 2 orders. I received both initial e-mails immediately after placing the orders. About two days later I received the second round of e-mails with order numbers, however these e-mails didnt reflect the discount. When I looked up my orders online the discount was reflected in the total. I then received an e-mail that two of my items shipped, however the e-mail listed the full price and not the discounted price.

I just called DDD and was told I was charged the full price for everything that shipped. I informed the CSR that I had an e-mail confirming I was eligible for the discount. She put me on hold and then came back and agreed to adjust the prices on everything that had already shipped. When I questioned whether all of my pre-orders (Videodrome, Blazing Saddles, etc.) would ship at the discounted price she told me she couldnt be sure but more than likely that since this order shipped at full price all of my future orders would also ship at full price. At that point I told her to just cancel my orders. I cant spend time on the phone at work adjusting DVD prices every time something ships. So much for them honoring the discount!! From now on I will stick to Best Buy and Amazon.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
They took the discount away on my regular order (non pre-order) and put back the original price. When I called they politely told me they were simply testing a code and that they couldn't honor it. They said that they didn't promote it at all and somehow it leaked out that this code was available. Oh well. Canceled my order.

Also, they ship out of Indiana I believe.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
there is a rumor that another 20% sale starts tomorrow.

summersale

Jon Torres

Second Unit
All was well with my order. I ordered the night of the big sale thing and the 2 dvds I ordered shipped out on Tuesday. No pre-orders. My visa was charged with the discount.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
DDD VP David Barker confirmed this afternoon, in a post over at DVDTalk, that the "SUMMERSALE" code is legit; the actual 20% off sale starts tomorrow and ends 6/25. The fiasco last week resulted from their test of the website in preparation for this sale.

Edit: Like James said below, no pre-orders in the "real" sale, and no non-DVD merchandise. I'm sure we can all still wreak havoc on our personal finances!

James D

Second Unit
It appears to be for in stock DVDs only, not pre-orders. Time to pick up a few anime titles that I've been wanting.:)

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
The code is working as of 7 p.m. June 17. I just placed an order for 24 discs and it worked.

Just thought I'd give folks a heads up. To beat the rush.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Hey, thanks a bunch for the heads up. Picked up City of God once again along with Sarah McLachlan VH1 Storytellers for a little over $15 a piece! Good deal considering I haven't been able to find either for under $19.99 anywhere. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks