What's new

Death Hunt (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

614Tk0dDVYL._SX300_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Another underrated film with a great cast. This film didn't play at the best local cinema as it only played in the older downtown movie theater.

clambake

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jamie
Robert Crawford said:
Another underrated film with a great cast.
Im a big fan of this movie, totally agree.Charles Bronson, Lee Marvin, Angie Dickinson, Carl Weathers, Andrew Stevens, Scott Hylands, William Sanderson, etc.It's like a continuation of the gritty 70s Action movies.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I've always enjoyed this film and thought the leads overcame some of the B-movie aspects of the title. While I'm sure the Blu-ray will improve upon the DVD release, my recollection is that the DVD was adequate at best in terms of presentation, so I hope the new release does justice to the wilderness settings.

This was probably (IMHO) the last decent lead role in film for Bronson in his career, so I guess I've always liked the film partly for reminding me of the qualities that Bronson brought to the screen. (Marvin would go on to Gorky Park a few years later, but it was near the end of the line for that great actor as well.)

- Walter.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
great movie, great cast, hopes this means we can see more smaller films , would love to see Emperor of the North :D

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
EMPEROR OF THE NORTH (1974), yes indeed. I have money to spend on a blu-ray of EMPEROR OF THE NORTH.

I'm pleased to see all this support for DEATH HUNT (1981) a compelling manhunt thriller that takes place outdoors in the Yukon of the old west with muscular action sequences. It was directed by Peter Hunt, the most under-rated filmmaker who ever lived. At one time he was England's top film editor, one of the originators of the Bond films and the director of ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE (1969) and GOLD (1974). This was the last film Hunt had an acceptable budget for and creative control over. He had also directed Marvin in SHOUT AT THE DEVIL (1977) and Bronson in ASSASSINS (1987).

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
Richard--W said:
EMPEROR OF THE NORTH (1974), yes indeed. I have money to spend on a blu-ray of EMPEROR OF THE NORTH.

I'm pleased to see all this support for DEATH HUNT (1981) a compelling manhunt thriller that takes place outdoors in the Yukon of the old west with muscular action sequences. It was directed by Peter Hunt, the most under-rated filmmaker who ever lived. At one time he was England's top film editor, one of the originators of the Bond films and the director of ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE (1969) and GOLD (1974). This was the last film Hunt had an acceptable budget for and creative control over. He had also directed Marvin in SHOUT AT THE DEVIL (1977) and Bronson in ASSASSINS (1987).

Not "Assassins" but "Assassination". Producer Albert Ruddy once said that Bronson was a constant professional. He said that Bronson waited many hours on the set(Yukon) for the next Scene though it was damn cold while they were filming the movie. You can watch some behind the scenes footage from a guy who worked on the film. It´s on YouTube.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks