What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Dawson's Creek - Season 3... when? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Almost certainly not, since the theme song being used now is the one that was used for broadcast overseas, if what I'm told is correct.

Since you're in Finland, Jari, then the song that the R1 folk now get may in fact be what you're used to!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jari

Stunt Coordinator

Actually no. I've seen seasons 1-5 from tv and they always had the correct theme song. Shame about the dvds though... I think it's false marketing by calling them "Complete" season boxes! Let's sue Columbia.:thumbsdown:

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
actually, I believe the replaced theme song was only used on the released DVD sets overseas, which were a BEST OF collection, with 4 episodes.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
To clear things up: "Run like Mad" was used on season 1 overseas, all other seasons retained the Paula Cole song!

Same goes for the best-of disc that was released in R2, i.e. the season 1 episodes contained "Run like Mad", the season 2 eps contained "I don't wanna wait".
Interestingly enough, I think we may have to thank the R2 best-of release for the fact that 2 episodes from season 2 contain all the original music, namely "The Kiss" and "His leading Lady".
Apparently the music on those was already cleared for all home video releases and therefore made it on the R1 set untouched.

Chris

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
I am amazed by the gall of CTHE in stating that the DVDs contain "all of the great music" (or something to that effect) in the preview.

I don't mind many of the changes. In fact, Seasons 3-6 contained some pretty terrible music the first time and may even benefit from the overhaul. The only song that I've really noticed removed is "Mend" by Jann Arden in "The Longest Day". The original song captured Dawson's agony/anger perfectly, while the replacement is, quite honestly, terrible.

Oh, and while they have the editing shears out, why couldn't they have removed Eve...? Or Andie...? :)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
The worst replacement for me so far (and I'm almost done with the set) is the removal of Bob Seger's "Old Time Rock 'n' Roll" on episode 1. Dawson is watching Risky Business on his portable DVD player (you don't see it, he just says so to Eve), and now some totally unrelated rock song comes over his speakers. Truly awful.
However, on the plus side, there were also some surprises. For example, "Imagine" by John Lennon, which is very important in the scene it plays in, is still there.
As with the previous DVD releases, Dawson's Creek Music carries info on all changes.

And once again producer Paul Stupin comes across as a very likeable person in the commentaries, and his honesty and self-criticism regarding storylines (and characters) that just didn't work is very refreshing.

Chris

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have the complete series and I remember reading some place online that when the series was being developed for TV, Run like mad by Jann Arden was being considered for the series theme to begin with.

However, my question is one I’m confused by. I’ve been rewatching the series and I notice in season 2 when Pacey’s father appears, He is identified as Chief Witter. Later in the series, he is called Sheriff Witter. Then in the series finale, Doug is the Sheriff. So is Capeside a city? Or a County? Or both?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks