What's new

D-Link Media Lounge Movie Server (1 Viewer)

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
I have been archiving some of my DVD collection to a 500 GB Drive and would like to know if the above mentioned Media Lounge could be used to serve these movies to any HD monitor/TV. This seems like a great thing to be able to do to keep small sticky fingers off of the DVD's themselves. Anyone currently doing this, or are there better tools to do this.

Thanks,
Bill

PS, I have not posted for quite some time or been here lately. Is it still the best place on the net for these type of discussions?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Traffic here has slowed but it is still a good resource. I've read about the D-Link as well as other media servers from companies like Apple, Sony and Buffalo. One that came out last fall looks very promising. The Popcorn Hour Media Tank. You can use a built in drive as well as networking it. Plays all type of files including HD files.

And any talk "archiving" DVD's is prohibited here since you have to break copy protection to do this.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks