What's new

CSI: Las Vegas Season 7 thread (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Interesting how the writers planned out Keppler's exit from the show. I wonder why they felt they had to work it out that way, so they had no way for him to return I guess. He sure got the ladies (except Sara) excited about him.

I liked how Grissom would try to look at his mail and get interruped and his low key return.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I dug the Kepler character so I'm kinda bummed that they killed him off. I was hoping that after Grissom's return, he'd make the occasional guest appearance. Very good episode overall.

I didn't mention it last week but I'm happy Grissom's beard has returned too. :)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
His new look was for his character he played in "Dublin Carol". That's why he's much more scruffy looking and his hair is white.

I'm very happy that Grissom and Keppler got to meet, and not have Grissom return (didn't think he'd return in this episode, so I was pleasantly surprised) after Keppler leaves, so it's literally one replacing the other. That would have been silly. But it worked out well.

We were only scratching the surface with Keppler. I'm very upset about this. Next week, we move on and hopefully we will finally identify the miniature killer.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Too bad about Kepler, I liked the character.

He did an interview in EW a week or so ago, and looking back now, it's funny how he said something like "there's the possibility that he may return for additional episodes in the future" to throw everyone off the fact that his character wasn't going to survive the 4 episode run.

He would have made a great permanent addition to the show, but I know that's not really his bag.

Now, let's get to that box on Grissom's desk!

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
The Kathleen Quinlan episode seemed almost like a filler to the miniature killer. It's hard to say they are any closer to finding the killer, except there was more depth to the discussion, now they have added one of the foster children as a likely suspect. Any thoughts?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I was actually surprised that they "ended" the Minature Killer arc when they did, since I'd become convinced it was going to be one of the on-going arcs for this season (like Greg's civil suit) and therefore unlikely to be resovled before the last episode. (Or even the first or second episode of next season, since it could well form the basis of the inevitable cliff-hanger.)

I'm not sure how you can talk about "filler" on a show like this, which is primarily made up of stand-alone procedural episodes that are linked by continuity, but which isn't really a "serial" drama in the way that Lost or Heroes is. I don't think of any of the episodes that Paul Millander appeared in as "filler". Each was just the next chapter in an on-going story, a reminder that not every case can be solved in 60 minutes and that sometimes you get another shot at "the one who got away."

I liked the call back to the "charcoal in the fake gas fireplace" method of killing (although it might have been nice if Nick or Grissom had said, "Hey, remember when we had one of these before?") The whole thing was creepy and added to the MK's mystique as a highly-intelligent and adaptable killer. The twist of his managing to kill the policewoman, then Quinlan and her brother using the fact to try to hide a mercy killing was a good one.

So, it appears a little time has elapsed since Grissom's return, this beard has been trimmed, and Sara isn't avoiding Grissom, at least professionally. Still wonder what's going on there. Next week it looks like they'll be dealing with an unrelated case. I don't think they'll go back to the MK until the next murder - or the next model.

Regards,

Joe

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Regarding as to whether or not Grissom sent the letter to Sara or not...

This week's TV Guide has an interview with Peterson and Carol Mendelson. She said that he didn't send the love letter. So that arc is on going as well.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
The charcoal MO will probably be brought up later. There are major clues to the killer. The charcoal, which I'm sure people at CSI know, there is the words on the picture that say "you were wrong" and the timing of the box at Grissoms departure. The models are now pointed at Grissom, the killer knows he is trying to solve the case. Either this is someone complete unknown to them, or someone in their own backyard and I have a wild guess, but I'm sure most people will say "no way!"

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Anthony, I too have a guess and I think it is someone on their own backyard.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Andrew,

I think it might be someone in the lab who has always wanted to be seen as part of the team, but is kept on the outside. I hope I am right because it would be a bold move for an established show.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Yes, if you know the history of the CSI lab people, you know that some grew up in Las Vegas, and which ones. I think we can establish at least 3 that grew up in LV. Are there more than that?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
But what does "grew up in" really mean? I lived in the Bronx until I was four, then moved out to the Westchester suburbs. But virtually every Sunday and every birthday and holiday until I was in college meant dinner at my grandparents' house in the Bronx, so despite being a suburbanite 6 days a week, I pretty much never left the home turff until I moved to Florida. I also spent big chunks of the summers and part of hunting season in a small town in the Catskills with my cousins, putting down at least shallow roots. I could argue that I "grew up" around all of those places - or at least lived in them while I was growing up.

I've also known lots of military brats and corporate brats who moved from place to place with their families while growing up. Foster kids, of course, also move, sometimes across state lines. So even someone we don't think of (or know of) as a Vegas native could have spent some time in the household of the Creepy Railroader and later moved elsewhere and established a life.

Regards,

Joe

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Well, we have a possible link to that group of foster children. Now, the guy that shot himself to cover up the real killer (one of the foster kids possibly). We can assume raised those kids in the Vegas area, since the real son is also still in the area. Like I said, this is a wild guess. I'm not sure if CSI would do such a drastic thing now, unless they are writing someone out of the story, or the series may be coming to an end, whatever. We can eliminate Worrick, although he did grow up in LV, he was raised by his Grandmother.

mylan

Screenwriter
Well, I had two possibles, now I have three. One that practically screams "oh, its me, its me" and the other two that would be a real shocker. I think that may be by design to throw us off.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm gonna throw my choices out there, using the actor's initials, and then tell me if we're on more-or-less the same page:

W.L. and J.F. and J.F. makes no sense to me, not because of the foster home angle, but because it's too left-field this far into the series.

As for a third, I'm drawing a blank.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks