What's new

CSI: Las Vegas Season 7 thread (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The December 7th episode was interesting, looks like Grissom is cracking. Setting up the stage for Peterson's leave I'd guess. I'd thought they'd let the miniature model killer story go longer.

I was wondering for those who were watching the HD version, either OTA or cable, did the picture freeze and break up a lot? I noticed it during CSI and Shark, both CBS shows of course. Maybe it was more a local thing.

mylan

Screenwriter
I loved it when Sara said "i'll get back to you" to Grissom, his reaction was priceless.
Charlie Udder as the m.m. killer, i'm happy he is getting work after DeadWood.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

Up until a couple of Thursdays ago, I was able to watch CBS HD (until Canadian networks began subbing in their signal over the US HD channels for prime time shows) and CBS for me was always plagued with problems - pixellation, sound dropouts, freezing. ABC did that Tuesday night with "Boston Legal" but it's usually limited to CBS. The US networks I get are from Buffalo.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Good episode. It was weirdly funny that they played a double (albeit accidental) murder for comedy. I loved seeing Dayton Callie as the killer. Any time you have an actor from Deadwood on the show, you're doing something right.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
What an ending - didn't see it coming.

I must admit the buttons were a highlight, even though I'm not a Catherine fan.

I've been watching season 1 reruns in (shock) widescreen lately, and I am reminded of how much Grissom has changed since then, not really for the better. And yet, when he isn't there in current seasons - which happens more often than I realize, the show doesn't seem the same. It feels incomplete.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

In a similar vein. I remember one season..I think 3 or 4. Gil (Petersen) looked and acted older. He just seemed ragged. Then the next season he seemed healthier and younger...granted not as young as the first season. But, it has been 7 years.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Nick's comment about Grissom (shaved his beard, lost some weight)
is true - he seems to be a lot healthier now in season 7.

In season 1, Gil Grissom was a pleasant, talkative, emotionally expressive, happy guy who genuinely loved his work as a forensic scientist, and even found the fun in it.

The season 1 episode "Friends and Lovers" saw him get into a drug dealer's face - it looked like he wanted to hit the guy.

A few episodes later, "Anonymous" saw him erupt into a brief rage when he realized he lost his chance to get Paul Millander.

He lost that passionate attitude not long afterward.

I have always wondered if it was a writers decision to change him or Petersen's choice to restrain himself.

David Caruso's Horatio Caine is the same way - look at Miami season 1 and compare to now, and he isn't the same either. I suspect it was a writers choice, as they found a preset storytelling routine that they stick to now, whereas seasons 1 - 3 were far more flexible with Caine's role.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The "Don't hug me" comment was particularly funny for my wife, who has a boss who has a thing against hugging.

Jason

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I don't think that's the case at all. His anger is still close to the surface on any case involving child abuse, anything touching the integrity of the lab and he did a very bad job of concealing the effect that the murder of the Sara look-alike had on him in "Butterfiled". I do think he has pulled back on showing some of his reactions because of the increased responsiblity of being the shift boss and the need to play the political game. Don't forget that during his "passionate" season one he was brand-new to the role of boss, and for several years he was constantly getting out-manuevered by Eckley.

Anyway, I'm surprised that this thread has been so quiet. What? No love for Keppler? I was finding him interesting even before the teaser for next week, between the constant messages from "Frank", Catherine's seeming interest in him, and the annual memorial service for a young girl who died 22 years ago.

Also liked Sara's case and the way it played with her head in terms of both her usual empathy for foster kids and her doubts about Grissom - that and Grissom's letter. ;)

I'm really looking forward to next Thursday. Is anyone else?

Regards,

Joe

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering too Joe why it's so quiet there. Keppler definitely is shaking the group up. I was a little lost about that memorial thing. Fiigured it would play out this week. Grissom should have sent the letter!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

1) What makes you think he didn't? :)

2) What do you thnk the letter said?

I think we should spoilerize any speculation on this topic until we see next week's show, so as not to accidentally spoil someone in the unlikely even we're right. :D

Regards,

Joe

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm all for talking CSI.

When I first heard they chose Liev Schreiber for the role, I assumed he'd be related to Grissom - they do resemble each other somewhat.
I hope that Keppler doesn't leave just in time for Grissom's return - too unrealistic if it happened that way.

As for the girl Keppler seems to be somewhat haunted by, I suspect that:

-She was a victim of someone he caught
-she was a victim of someone he didn't catch and feels intense guilt over that
-her death is somehow responsible for his becoming a profiling CSI in the first place...he knew her?

I love how Keppler comes across as someone who doesn't pay attention or notice everything going on, but he's actually more focused than anyone.

I can't wait for Grissom to open that large box on his desk that has been waiting for him...;)

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Well, at least there are not alot of raving complaints about the show now. Maybe the viewers are happy with the temporary change and will let the show speak for itself instead of hanging around here. This show is not quite as analytical as Lost, and doesn't need to be.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
When it comes to discussing shows, I participate in order to pick up on things I didn't notice, learn interesting trivia, ask questions and provide answers. I've never had any interest in the 'that was a lame episode this week' kind of talk. The Voyager thread is a rare exception in my case with regards to debating the merits/flaws of episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks