What's new

Columbia Classics on 2/22 (1 Viewer)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Yay for I t Happened to Jane - How about including the Alternate credits. The film was test screened as That Jane from Maine (the name of the novel the film is based on.)
the film was reissued with a new ad campaing and new credits as Twinkle and Shine. Doris Day recorded title songs for all three versions.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
My Sister Eileen should be in 4-track stereo (L-C-R: mono rear) and have a 2.55:1 ratio.

Bitter Victory, 102-minute version, 2.35:1 - YES! It's an underrated film. We need much more Ray on DVD.

I see that Columbia are releasing Rudolph Maté's, The Violent Men on the 5th of April! Great! It should also be 2.55:1.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Good news. I'm always in line to get a hold of a new John Huston pic I've never seen.

While we're talking Columbia classics -- how is "It Happened One Night" on DVD? One of the funniest films I've ever seen. Is the current DVD version worth a salt? The cover art certainly looks hideous...

ArthurMy

Supporting Actor
The uncut print of Pepe was not "restored". It was a collector's print, maybe one of the only existing full-length prints available. I was visiting in LA and saw it - thankfully it was a Technicolor print and the stereo sound was great. I was introduced to the guy who provided the print (sorry, can't remember his name at the moment), and he said he's been trying to get Columbia to do a DVD but they seem to have no interest. It's not a good film, but I've always had a soft spot for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks