What's new

Color Washes Out into Browns with New Blu Ray Player - HELP! (1 Viewer)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
I've owned a Toshiba 50H81 50" widescreen and a Panasonic RP56 DVD player for several years now and everything was great. I just got a Samsung BD-P1500 Blu Ray player for Christmas, and thought we'd enjoy some wonderful movies for the day - but a problem came up that I desperately need help with.

After a disc loads, I immediately notice a color 'loss' ... a difference that wasn't there with my older player. Example: the movie "Iron Man" - his suit is a pug-ugly brown color where the vibrant red should be. The yellow is a yellow-green. I've tried going in and changing the settings on the Toshiba, but to no avail.

I put in "The Dark Knight", and everything seems a brown/greenish color ... yuck!

Regular TV viewing is not affected; the colors are great.

If anyone still owns this set and is experiencing the same problems, please tell me how you fixed it.

(I haven't been around on the forum in a while; life happens, you know ... but I have returned and am frantic to find an answer!)

Thank you so much in advance!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If you're using component video (red, green, blue video connections), you probably mixed up 2 of the color connections).

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Patrick-

THANKS!
It turns out that, in fact, I hadn't switched them, but that I hadn't pushed one of the plugs all the way in.
I KNEW there was a reason I loved this site ... and how much I've missed it.

I thank you, my wife thanks you, my dog tha-- well- maybe not my dog ...:laugh:

Happy New Year!

William

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks