What's new

Color Me Kubrick (1 Viewer)

MatS

Screenwriter
I posted this yesterday but it was lost last night...

John Malkovich, perhaps the only actor ever to have his name included in the title of a non-biographical movie -- Being John Malkovich -- will play a conman being Stanley Kubrick in the forthcoming Color Me Kubrick, according to published reports. Malkovich's real-life character reportedly traveled through London in the late '90s passing himself off as the U.S. director, even though he looked not a thing like him. The film's writer is Brian Cook, a co-producer of Eyes Wide Shut.

NOTE:
In Tuesday's edition, we observed: "John Malkovich, perhaps the only actor ever to have his name included in the title of a non-biographical movie..." We should more accurately have stated that Malkovich is perhaps the only actor to appear in a movie in which his name was included in the title. Several writers have correctly observed that a handful of other actors' names have appeared in titles, including Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean; To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar; and Garbo Talks.

http://studiobrf.newshare.com/

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Empire has an article on this. No new info beyond what you posted except that it "will star Kubrick in the title role as the man who conned Londoners left right and centre." Damn, that Kubrick sure is versatile. Jeffrey Wells' Link Removed has a tidbit about it in the sidebar that conflicts with most of what I've read so far (he says that Kubrick's personal assistant Anthony Frewin will be writing it and Cook will be directing, which makes more sense).

MatS

Screenwriter
now that would be one hell of a con, one I would certainly be happy about

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
There was a lengthy article on this very subject about 6 or 7 years ago in one of the Vanity Fair "Hollywood Issues"; was quite an interesting read. (I wonder if it's online somewhere.) This might turn out to be an interesting piece of work...sorta like Catch Me If You Can for film geeks.

Oh, and on a somewhat related note: HBO will soon be airing a biopic of Peter Sellers (played by Geoffrey Rush); apparently Stanley Tucci will be portraying Mr. Kubrick in the film--now that I have to see.:)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
This con job was in the news during the years leading up to Eyes Wide Shut. All very interesting.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
The title of the thread scared me: I thought some idiot was going to release a colorized version of Paths of Glory and Doctor Strangelove.

Since Kubrick was a recluse, few knew what he looked like. This made him fair game for impostors.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Actually, Dennis, the man's bearded visage (post Strangelove, that is) was well-enough known to people in the industry and anyone who reads about film. But, then, there's the greater public. Six Degrees...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks