What's new

Charlie Chan being released (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
With this release a little more than 3 weeks away, has anyone come across any artwork for the individual cases or other publicity for this set? I haven't seen any.

Fox's own website Link Removed doesn't have any info on this release in the "coming soon" section of the home page (other June titles are listed) so it looks like they're low keying publicity for this release. I did find it in the Fox store section though.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
For those concerned about the pricing, Amazon has just lowered the pre-order price of Chan Volume 1 to $35.97. I did some checking on other Fox boxes and they are not similarily discounted. For example, Grable Volume 1 (which streets the week before) is still at $44.99 and Will Rogers is still at $41.97.

Steve

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
Can that Whoopi Goldberg intro be completely skipped on that Tom and Jerry set?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

I noticed the same thing Steve. As soon as I saw the price reduction on my wishlist, I immediately pre-ordered. Every so often these lowered prices stay lower, but they also can jump right back up just as quickly.

And since I had a few other Fox boxed sets in my wishlist, I too saw that other titles from Fox had not been lowered.

Gary "too bad Fox apparently still wants to 'hide' from the PC crowd the fact that they are finally releasing one of the best properties they own" O.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Review copies of this set are starting to be circulated. It's been reported by Scarlet Street that the three bonus documentaries were done by John Cork, who did the Bond DVD documentaries. In addition to traveling to Honolulu to interview the Police Department (presumably about the real life officer who the character was modeled after), Mr. Cork also utilized the services of at least three Chan scholars. No pictures of cover art up yet but they're said to be attractive.

It's quite apparent that Fox is delivering a package that will make the long wait by Chan fans very worthwhile.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Great news! Amazon is reporting an October 10th release date for Volume 2. See http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130

Titles are not listed, but the next 4 in the series (after Vol 1) were some good ones: CC at the Opera (Karloff), Racetrack, Circus (with the delightful George & Olive Brasno), and Charlie Chan's Secret.

Until we get the official announcement, we won't know for sure that these are the 4 included, but that would make the most sense.

It looks like Fox is releasing these Chan/Moto sets every 60 days so can we look forward to Moto Vol 2 in December??

Steve

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
This is great news. They can't come fast enough to suit me. After all these years of waiting, these releases are a dream come true.

Billy Fogerty

Stunt Coordinator
I remember The Fox Movie Channel was running all these,until the asian community complained. That was probably about two or three years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks