1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannell Productions and Mill Creek Entertainment releases?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by DNHJR, Dec 16, 2009.

1. DNHJR

DNHJR Auditioning

So, whats the image quality like on these? I'm wondering because they jam a season on only 4 DVDs. This in my book is a big no, no. 4 episodes a disc is standard and 5 episodes is pushing it. Ad lease the Anchor Bay releases where 6 discs with 4 episodes a disc until they released those much hated DVD-18 discs, which was a big mistake.

2. Jeff*H

Jeff*H Supporting Actor

Jeff
    I purchased Wiseguy: The Complete First Season from Mill Creek and watched the episodes upscaled on a blu-ray dvd player on a 46-inch plasma tv, and they looked fine (obviously not reference quality, but still perfectly watchable without any major compression issues that my untrained eye could detect). They put between 5 and 6 episodes on a disc, compared to the previous DVD releases which had 3-4 episodes per disc (with slightly better visual quality).

Audio-wise, the older releases had Dolby Digital surround sound, whereas the Mill Creek versions were regular stereo, I think (it didn't specify on the packaging).

For the price, you can't beat these releases if you are willing to compromise a little bit on A/V quality.

3. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

They just announced Tenspeed and Brownshoe one of my favorite short lived series can't wait to get it, BTW Wiseguy is at Target for $5, not bad for that price.

4. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

I'm just waiting for seasons 4-7 of Hunter. Lets hope they get it out before they pull the plug on the series again..