What's new

Can you help me with a show...? (1 Viewer)

Robin W.

Grip
Maybe this is totally wrong from me, but I need help. I guess it's not the way things should go, but I'll ask anyway.

I really would love to have Dynasty on DVD, but is has only 530 votes on tvshowsondvd so far. Can you all vote for this series, please?

If you want a show on DVD I can help YOU with, please let me know and I'll vote for it.

Thanks and best wishes to all,

Robin

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I believe the whole point of the polls at TVShowsonDVD.com is to determine which shows you intend to buy and in what format you prefer (season sets, best of, etc.). If the numbers get skewed by the "I'll vote for your favorite show if you vote for mine" method, the studios will have less faith in what they hear through DVD forums. From what I understand during the few months I have been using these sites, some studios DO listen to what we have to say!

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
And voting that appears to be rigged will get pulled from TVShowsOnDVD's database. The voting is perceived to be an accurate representation of the market - that's only true if the voting is legitimate. Which is why Gord and company take such care with the site.

Your best bet is to contact people who are fans of the show through lists and boards and suggest that if they want the show on DVD, they should go to TVShowsOnDVD and vote for it. Many people don't realize the site exists, or that their vote there can actually be heard by the studios.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Abso-friggin'-lutely.

Robin, I wouldn't fear much anyway. If Dallas sells worth a darn, then it makes sense that Dynasty won't be far behind (possible legal issues notwithstanding, and I don't know of any).

Robin W.

Grip
Thanks, folks (also for not being mad at me!) !!!

You all have a good point and I think I'm satisfied with that.

Eric, I didn't realize that. Thanks!

And Deb, I think I WILL go to other boards and tell people about the site. That's probably the best way.

David, that's what I thought. So I really hope it will happen.

You're great!

Thanks,

Robin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks