What's new

Can somebody please help me (1 Viewer)

Mike*M

Auditioning
I'm trying to remember the names of two old cartoon shows.
One was about a Dog and a rabbit and the were detectives or something(I think their names might have been Sam and Max)and they drove a car that had a foot shaped gas pedal.
The other was about this guy and every episode he would be a different character. All the characters he portrayed were part of some other TV Show or movie. I remember when he was a power ranger and another time he was a star wars character. I thunk he may have been helping these characters by pretending to be them or something. Does anyone recognize these descriptions?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The first one is obviously Sam & Max: Freelance Police.

I'm not sure what the second one is, but I'm wondering if it's Bobby's World because young little Bobby always pretended (a lot!) to be someone sort-of like a character from another popular story. But it was always a short imaginary sequence while Bobby (who's 4) dealt with his bratty older brother, his haughty older sister, his mom and dad, his goofy Uncle Ted, or his weird (to him) Aunt Ruth. So the imaginary sequences tended to not be the focus of the story, but rather a side trip. But that side trip was the most memorable thing about the show to many fans, and Bobby's imagination was pointed up in the opening credits.

Most people remember Bobby's World because of Howie Mandel, who's live-action face talked to the audience at the beginning and end of each story. He had hair back then and was known for his stand-up act and cable-TV specials (during this act he first invented Bobby) and he actually did a somewhat dramatic turn on St. Elsewhere. These days he's the host of the new NBC game show Deal or No Deal, and he's bald and sports a goatee.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I just wanted to quickly add that Sam & Max was a great show. I'd love to have it on DVD. It would be awesome if Nelvana released it along with My Pet Monster (another show I’d love to see again)

The other show is defiantly Walter Melon. It was a show that was on Fox Kids around 1998 or so. It was basically about a guy who was for hire so anytime you needed like a quick stand in for someone else you called Walter Melon. I remember the episode where he became a power ranger.

There's a great site that has info and pictures about the show. Here's the link if you want.

http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s...h&show_id=3875

Maybe Dave could even find out who owns it. I'm not sure if it's Fox maybe its Disney because acquired the Saban library.

Hope that helps.

FrankPitt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Frank
The second show sounds like "The Secret Lives of Waldo Kitty." It aired Saturday mornings in the '70s. There's a Wikipedia entry for it, if you'd like to read more.

Cheers,
-Frank P.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Wow, Jim, you came up with a show that even I've never heard of! I watched this (found via Google) and still didn't recognize it even a tiny bit.

But yeah, since Saban made it this "Walter Melon" thing is probably Disney-owned now. And I agree it sounds like what Mike is looking for.

Mike, do you agree? Are those them?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks