What's new

Burn Notice Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Michael's narration...
"The key to decorating a tree successfully is proper planning, how many strands of lights your going to have in relation to how many ornaments, too many strands and you overpower the ornaments, too little strands and you have a dim tree. Tinsel can conceal the lack of lights but it increases clean-up time substantially after your merry-making is over."

:D

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Michael's narration (cont.):

Little kids are natural born spies. They learn about the adult world by eavesdropping, they are expects at escape and evasion and they know the hiding places in your house better than you do. Top shelf in the back of your closet? First place they'll look. And trust me, if you have more than one kid, they will find a way of getting up there, no matter how short they are. Behind the anti-freeze in the garage? Bad choice. Not only will they find it, but they're likely to spill toxic chemicals while they're looking. Off site? Grandma and Grandpa's house? Don't make me laugh. Who do you think told them about the bedroom closet?

No, you can't hide the presents in neutral territory. You have to hide them in places that actually repel kids. The bottom of a clothing hamper works well for boys - they never look inside them, and never empty them out. If you've only got teen-aged girls, the garage or the back of the fridge can also work. But the best method is camouflage. This take supplies.

Go to the nearest megamart and pick up a couple of those heavy-duty plastic storage boxes, the 30 quart size. Now buy some giant boxes of laundry detergent and those 30 pound bags of cat and/or dog food. Dump the detergent and the food into the plastic boxes. Give the pet food to an animal shelter and the detergent to the local homeless shelter. Trust me, they can use it. Or, if you've got room, hide to the containers behind the anti-freeze. Once the kids see those plastic covers peeking out from behind the big yellow bottles, they'll lose all interest.

Meanwhile you've got several big, heavy-looking objects connected with household chores your kids don't want any part of that can be stuffed full of presents. And you can hide them right out in plain sight in the pantry or the laundry room.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
These narrations are pretty damn clever! Maybe we should continue it to see who comes up with the funniest. I'm not that creative myself, but please, narrate on!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Total brain lock, does this week mark the beginning of season 3 or is it still season 2?

These USA shows get me all mixed up sometimes lol.

One thing i'm excited about, we just got USA HD in my area so I get to see Michael's exploits in 1080i!
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Still Season 2.
They cut it at the point Michael West knew his apartment door was booby trapped and opened the door a tad to late, but quickly leaped off the side.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Yeah its season "2.5", so technically the second half of season 2...but who cares, we get all new episodes starting tonight! whoo hoo! All the beautiful miami scenery is really gonna make me wish i wasnt in freezing DC though...Is everyone gonna watch?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

We had frost in many areas overnight in Palm Beach County, and when I started my car this morning I got two warning lights - one for low tire pressure (the air in the tires had contracted due to the cold) and a rather disconcerting giant snowflake to warn me of "possible icy roads". The outside temp showed as 34 degrees. :eek:

Granted that isn't excatly the single-digits the northeast has had, not to mention the negative numbers in the midwest, but that's durned cold for around here. Further inland it was in the upper 20s and farmers have been sweating crop loss. (In Florida January is still the growing season for a number of things.)

But that's OK. Tonight I'll have fresh images of Fiona to keep me warm. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Wow, it was a little hard to see Michael as a spy at times just due to how good-natured he is, but seeing him actually getting angry in last night's episode definitely changed that.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It wasn't the greatest episode, but it is so nice to have it back it didn't matter.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It's certaintly shaping up to be a more emotional season for our favorite spy, that's for sure.

So far we've seen him lose it and yell out what he wants, become frightened and lose his usually strong focus after nearly being killed and now he broke down and made the moves on Fi after fearing that she had been killed.

But his cool is firmly intact as he effortlessly made utter fools out of those car-jacking thugs lol.

I tell ya nobody walks in slow motion and takes a pair of shades on and off like Michael Westin. :cool:

Speaking of Fi nearly being killed, that was a very stupid move on her part, she breaks into the house of a known bomber without thinking that perhaps it could be boobytrapped? Did she not see Speed? Look what happened to poor Jeff Daniels in that movie when he did the same thing.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I've been really sick for the last three days, so it might be the medication talking, but this episode really seemed to drag. The A plot with the football player the car theft ring seemed like we'd done it before, and the B plot with Fiona and the burning house seemed to come out of left field for the final fifteen minutes.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I don't know about anyone else, but I think this episode tonight was probably one of the top ones ever.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I was coming here to say the same thing, this was a definite hall of fame episode! :cool:

This epsiode was so much fun I was almost giddy, from Michael taking bullshitting to a whole new level to outwit those clowns to Sam's attempt at happiness that wasn't to be lol, it was all pure gold. :emoji_thumbsup:

I knew that Fi was going to be grumpy if she didn't get to blow something up so I was happy when she got to blow the truck. :laugh:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Michael's narration...
"If you need illumination in a hurry and don't have access to a flashlight or a lighter, an ordinary 20oz bottle of Mountain Dew will do. Combine Mountain Dew with some peroxide and baking soda and you've got yourself a powerful light that comes in particularly handy if you want to get someone's attention."

:D

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
My favorite show by far.
My 12 yr old son was grumpy after losing a basketball game last week.
I said, watch this show with me.

Loved it and he wasn't too grump soon after it started.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
What's this? No love for Dina Myer as Mike's thieving ex-finacee? Or the sight of a very jealous Fiona?

I loved Michael telling Fi a the end that she was the "other woman", and that he left Samantha to be with her.

Can't wait for the season finale.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks