Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Burn Notice S2 starts July 10th

What a terrific TV show.
I loved the first season and can't wait to see
what happens to Michael in season 2.

Where we last left off, Michael was in a sports car
being led into a semi trailer to be taken somewhere.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think he becomes the new Knight Rider. :)

I really enjoyed reviewing the DVD set.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Burn Notice is one of the best shows in the past 20 years, easy. I was able to catch a few episodes on cables initial run, but, time restraints and life keep me from following regularly scheduled programming. One of the greatest things about dvd is now I'm all caught up and what an amazing show. After seeing a few episodes this show was a must buy. I'm ready for season 2 and the following dvd release of season 2 should life come into play. :)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I started watching this show a little while ago when our cable system added USA Network in HD. I will start watching this when season 2 begins.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I thought the show started out very rough but by the end I was definitely hooked. Looking forward to Thursday.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I can't believe that it is starting so soon!! I feel like i have been waiting for July 10th for forever!! I agree that this is one of the best shows on tv in a long time...so smart and funny and what an incredible looking cast!

Also, for those of you who need to catch up before the season starts but dont have time to get the DVDs they have full episodes on the USA website also..

I wonder what will happen to Michael this season too.. I really hope that they go into why he was burned...

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit
Real Name
Edward R. Moroughan
I couldn't believe how good this show turned out to be. I am counting down the hours til the premiere Thursday. Also Monk and Psych are back! Yay for USA! :D

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Anyone catch the season opener? Unfortunately I realized it was 6 on the phone after seeing her name in the credits, so I saw the ending coming.

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit
Real Name
Edward R. Moroughan
Yes, I thought it was pretty good too, set up this season well with a new "villain?" and new jobs for Michael. Plus Fiona was wearing some damn nice outfits! :D

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Good episode, though one little thing bothered me. I still really have no idea why Fiona would be pissed about the situation, he called her as soon as he realized, it seemed like she had no reason to be upset other. Then again, that's almost entirely within her character so it works I guess.

LCD22

Screenwriter

Yes, I caught it. I thought it was a strong episode, and I loved the twist to last season’s cliffhanger.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Really enjoyed the episode and glad that the show is back. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Obviously the people he is now working for are not what you would call nice. I imagine that this will lead to some conflict and that Michael's loved ones will be in jeopardy from time to time.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
With all the strings this organization pulled to get the CIA and NSA to burn Michael and the FBI and the CSS to follow him around and make sure he doesn't cause trouble, it almost has a Project Cadmus feel to it. I know that's drawing a really strange parallel between two vastly different shows, but it has that whole power brokers feel to it. Or if anyone saw Mel Gibson's Conspiracy Theory, it's sorta like a move in the game between the established organizations/families with historic legacies and vast fortunes and the relatively recent Eisenhower military-industrial complex. Just a few thoughts.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I got caught up with season one last week and loved every moment of it, Michael Westin is the coolest cat on TV and makes me wish I were a spy. :cool: He completely rectified his tainted image for me from when he played that slimy astronaut in season 4 of Monk hehe.

Love his wardrobe, too, would love to dress like him but he wears Armani and i'm a poor sum bitch so that's out. :D

The fun for me in this show is just listening to him speak, his narrations are so smart, clever and full of in-the-know spy stuff that when he's explaining how to get around a situation or building a tracking device from a cheap cell phone your hanging on every word lol.

Couple that with the beautiful city of Miami and Bruce Campbell (i'd follow that dude to hell, one of my favorite actors ever) and you've got one good time. The season premiere was great, loved Sam's line about Michael wearing "doll cloths" when he tried to get into one of his shirts lol.

Sylvia*ST

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the season 2 opener was excellent, every bit as good as last season, which I adored. I especially liked the way Michael and his family sort of made peace with each other, and Sharon Gless seemed toned down a bit, which is a good thing. Too quirky or whiny gets old fast.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
The season opener was fabulous.. SO many good parts its hard to name them all..

First of all, im glad that Fi backed away from Michael, they will be a great couple eventually but their angst is just too fun to watch...

Second, the doll clothes comment was hysterical

Third, Carla is certainly gonna be an intriguing character, cant wait to see what happens with that...

Fourth, Fi's flirting act at Iso-Gene, hilarious

According to TV Guide, in the episode tonight "A woman seeks Michael's help with a cartel soldier who is stalking her. Michael works to turn the organization against the man so he will leave her alone."... Man, totally in agreement with Inspector Hammer, Michael is the coolest character on TV....

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Did you ever see him in the U.S. version of Touching Evil? Very good, very quirky. The few episodes produced turn up on Universal HD from time to time. Worth checking out. (There's probably also a DVD set out there. I'm on an extra-tight budget at the moment, so I'm avoiding temptation by not even researching DVD sets of shows I like. ;))

Regards,

Joe

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'll agree with all that's been said.
The season 2 premiere was EXCELLENT.
Glad to see nothing has changed.
The show moves so smooth.
Great narration.
and wonderful chemistry between the three characters.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping for a more radical impact from that season finale. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the comfortable dynamic, but it's constantly in danger of getting stale. I like "Carla" well enough, but her arc better not carry farther than this season.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Episode 2
Turn and Burn

Another good episode.
I liked Michael's character picking up the fake ID cards near the end
and trying to figure out which one was real and which one was fake.
His little maneuvers with both cards was funny.

Also Liked the beginning with Carla and her guys getting the jump on Sam and Faye, while they were trying to stakeout the meeting with her and Michael.

The other thing I like about this show, that like this episode
sometimes the clients don't always tell the whole truth or are not
who they say they are.

It's also become my thing to have a thing of yogurt while watching Burn Notice
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks