What's new

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - The Series Challenge (2 Viewers)

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
1. Wendy L. - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to rewatch Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

2. Eric Meske. - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to rewatch Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

3. Scott-S - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I do not own Angel but have watched all of it all via Netflix once.

4. Pete Battista - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to rewatch Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

5. ethanTo - I have seen Buffy seasons 1-3 - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to 'watch' Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
This is good. So, EthanTo, I am assuming you have NOT seen S4 - S7 of "Buffy"? If that is the case, when we try our best not to spoiler anything for you in those seasons.

I'm so excited that this thread looks like it's gonna be successful. Woohooo.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
1. Wendy L. - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to rewatch Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

2. Eric Meske. - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to rewatch Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

3. Scott-S - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I do not own Angel but have watched all of it all via Netflix once.

4. Pete Battista - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to rewatch Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

5. ethanTo - I have seen Buffy seasons 1-3 - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to 'watch' Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

6. Nicholas Martin - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching seasons 1 - 3 only - I will switch to ANGEL after S3 of Buffy is over (I do not own Buffy Seasons 4 - 7)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

6. Nicholas Martin - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching seasons 1 - 3 only - I will switch to ANGEL after S3 of Buffy is over (I do not own Buffy Seasons 4 - 7)

7. Russell G - I have seen Season 1& most of season 2 of Buffy - I plan on watching the whole damn thing - I plan on watching Angel as well, provided my peep doesn't welch on letting me borrow his copy.

Due to my friends being complete Buffy nerds, I've been pretty much spoilered out on this series, so any discussion doesn't bother me. I would like to keep everything going in one thread, mainly because I'm lazy and like everything in one place.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Why is Buffy the Vampire Slayer being repackaged when FOX did such an outstanding job with the Chosen Collection, which I purchased last November?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

7. Russell G - I have seen Season 1& most of season 2 of Buffy - I plan on watching the whole damn thing - I plan on watching Angel as well, provided my peep doesn't welch on letting me borrow his copy.

8. John Williamson - I have seen the entire series of 'Buffy' and I plan to participate in the challege. I have seen maybe three eps of 'Angel' yet I plan to watch the entire series at my ealiest conveniance, I will also participate in the disussions on that as well.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

8. John Williamson - I have seen the entire series of 'Buffy' and I plan to participate in the challege. I have seen maybe three eps of 'Angel' yet I plan to watch the entire series at my ealiest conveniance, I will also participate in the discussions on that as well.

9. Jay B - I plan to participate in the challenge. I will watch seasons 1-7 of Buffy but have no current interest in revisiting Angel

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

Why does any studio repackage popular titles?

I think one of the goals with this new release is to offer silmmer, more attractive cases instead of the bulky, inconvenient digipaks currently available. I hate digipaks, but I don't know if replacing my ANGEL sets (should that series see a similar re-release) would be in my future.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

Your dislike of ANGEL annoys me slightly, but I suppose my dislike of Buffy annoys you slightly as well, so we're even.

:D

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I liked the minipacks (that's what I call them) from the Buffy Chosen Collection! I was hoping FOX might also release the 5 years of ANGEL that way someday.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

I like those cases (similar to the way Paramount packages its CSI and DS9 sets), but thinpaks are the way to go for TV shows.

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I hope I am not too late to join in on this. I really just got into Buffy last summer & wanted to revisit it. I own & have seen the whole series. I own & have seen Angel Seasons 1-4 & Want to get season 5 soon, but don't plan on re-watching Angel yet.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
The 4th season of AMGEL was a mess....and rather stale at that point. The Cordelia character was ruined (and not just because she cut her hair much shorter and dyed it blonde), but killing her off the way they did just didn't work. I actually did like the way that Angel handled his son's situation though, even if it was a little too convenient a way to write him out of the show at the end of the year.

The 5th season made the show come full circle with Angel finally running Wolfram and Hart and trying to take down the powers that be from within. Spike joining the cast and the law firm was an added bonus, yet what happened to Fred in the last episodes was beyond ridiculous.

The showdown in the series finale was one of the weakest ways to end a show that I've ever seen. It wasn't the masterpiece that Buffy's had been nor did the writers even make an attempt. And now Boreanaz is on the Bones show, so there's no script being prepared for any Angel TV reunion movie that I know of.

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit

8. John Williamson - I have seen the entire series of 'Buffy' and I plan to participate in the challege. I have seen maybe three eps of 'Angel' yet I plan to watch the entire series at my ealiest conveniance, I will also participate in the discussions on that as well.

9. Jay B - I plan to participate in the challenge. I will watch seasons 1-7 of Buffy but have no current interest in revisiting Angel

10. Mark Kalzer - Have seen all of Buffy & Angel, and would like to revisit both.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I agree with Jeff. What happened to Cordelia and Fred also was a turnoff, I loved Cordy and also enjoyed Fred a great deal as well. Nice to see I'm not the only one with the minority opinion here. And without spoiling anything more than has already been spoiled, I could've made due with Spike never coming to Angel in season 5 and having Cordelia a regular. I heard that Charisma was dropped BECAUSE it was easier to lose her and get James Marsters economically.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

I wish Spike hadn't shown up - only because I didn't want Buffy leftovers.

All those rumors about Dawn and even Buffy herself showing up in future episodes of season 5 were either proven wrong, or didn't happen for logistical reasons...and I was very glad for that. The comments that really pissed me off when the series ended - with a PERFECT ending - were the complaints about how Buffy and some of her friends should have showed up to help Angel's crew. Those comments sickened me, and I was very happy that the very idea of that was never realized.

As for Cordelia and Fred - Cordy's 'change' in season 4 was unavoidable - complain all you want, but there's not much you can do when real life events affect actors and their characters...I am sympathetic to that, and I loved season 4. Allowing her to leave the show and spend time at home - for the very reason she 'changed', as well as moving on to other acting roles - those were the reasons behind Charisma Carpenter's departure.

Fred, well they wanted to give Amy Acker a chance to really show what she can do as an actress. 'Nuff said about her 'change'.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
with Spike, I felt like his storyline came full circle by Buffy's end and bringing him over to Angel was just dragging his storyline too long. When he showed up on Angel, there wasn't really much to do with that except for the whole "look, Spike's here now!!!" type of hype. However, Harmony was a nice addition to the show and she was a "Buffy leftover" (okay, she was on Angel too in season 2) that didn't feel as much of a calculated ratings stunt and it was nice to have a few episodes revolving around her.

Regarding what happened to Charisma in real life in season four, they could've kept Cordelia on the series afterwards. I do remember her in an interview being shocked during the summer hiatus between 4 and 5 that she was being let go. Speculation was that it had to do with cutting her so they could afford Marsters, but personally, I would've kept Charisma instead. Spike was one of my favorite characters on Buffy, but that's it, he was great on Buffy, he was never the same on Angel. Cordelia was a great character on both shows and she was a valuable asset to Angel as well as a link to the parent series that didn't feel like a leftover.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
with all this Angel talk... will there be a box set this year like planned? I actually have put off buying the Angel sets because I figure if I wait, it'll be cheaper to get a complete collection similar to last year's Buffy Chosen Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks