What's new

Buffy goes on a diet - Repackaged again! (1 Viewer)

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor

I only want seasons 1 to 4, so the Chosen Collection isn't an option for me. I just want to know how the new season sets with the slimmer cases differ from the old individual releases so I can choose between those.

MattHR

Screenwriter

If you've seen Fox's new X-Files reissues, that's probably How Buffy will look. About half the size, but retaining the original cover art. The art on the back of XF was a bit different, since they had to remove all indications of the bonus discs' contents.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

Ocean, as far as I know, all 3 versions (original, Chosen One Collection, and newer repackages) utilize the exact same discs. They didn't even slap new disc cover art on them in the Chosen One Collection to match the boxset. Same exact discs. All that is changing is the packaging.

Christi P

Agent

Amazon currently has all the Buffy seasons on sale for $30 each. That is a pretty good price if you want the regular packaging instead of the new slim ones.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Considering this new slimmer packaging deal, I guess that means ANGEL will not be released in a complete series box set. I do hope they go for this slimmer deal - even if it is just a packaging change only.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Why should Fox had changed the cover art to match the new design of the Chosen One box?? I'm glad that they used what they had before in the previous releases, since I held off buying Buffy until this set came out.

By the way, I really liked how the menu graphics for every season is different. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

it probably will be the same with Angel as it was with Buffy. Special box set, and then several months later, a repackaging in slimcases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks