What's new

BTTF: R1 version will not have dts tracks; Petition needed for 4th disc!!! (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I do hear a difference with DTS on my setup. Significant? Well, it's the usual "spacious" type of improvement with DTS. Is it significant? I suppose that depends on how good a setup you have. Now here come the flames telling me my opinion is wrong.
Why would anyone flame you? If, after level matching, etc. you still hear a difference, who is anyone to say that you don't?

I'm a guitar player, and I can hear very subtle differences in the guitars I play and try out. Most other people look and say "sounds good" but I can hear something they can't.

Just because some of us don't hear much of a difference, sound and hearing is such a subjective thing. If you heard it, while Bob Gale didn't, then it is your own, unique experience and no one should be able to take that away from you.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I doubt that the Indy Jones Trilogy will have the sacred DTS either.
Since Lucas owns them, you're probably correct again. But again, create a DD-EX track like TPM and I couldn't care.

As for Jaws, of course it will have DTS. Universal and Spielberg are in bed with DTS, so to speak. So it will have it. I welcome it. If the DTS track is better than the DD track, then I'll listen to it. But I sure won't just blindly accept the DTS track is the better.

Craig W

Second Unit
Is dts really that important? This is coming from someone who had to add a Milly 2.4.6 two years ago. The format is good, but so is well done Dolby Digital.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks