What's new

Blu-ray Review Brazil Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
Originally Posted by Carlo Medina /t/325695/brazil-blu-ray-review/30#post_4009833
Very much dislike the Store Pickup option at my local BB because, in the 9-10 times I've used it in the past, this has been the approximate breakdown of the experience:
2 times a flawless, quick experience
2 times the item isn't there
1 time the item was there but they took forever finding it
4 times only one person was manning the Store Pickup line which had multiple people in it, while 2-3 people were manning the regular customer service line, and even when they were not helping anyone, would not come over to help the Store Pickup line to move people more quickly, resulting in a 10-15 minute wait experience when I should have been in and out of the store in less than 5.
For some reason since right around the time of hurricane Sandy, BB's in store pick-up has been having more glitches for me. Of course sometimes it depends of which store I'm picking up at, but even yesterday when my wife stopped by to get some cds and Brazil & Rosemary's Baby, they had some glitch and she had to call to get the last 4 digits of my credit card because they couldn't check her out with out it. Never happened before with "Friends & Family" pick-up, that's the whole point of "friends & family" pick-up. But I've had orders in the last month or so that just sat there and didn't get processed on the BB site, call in to find out what's going on, the only way to fix it would be to cancel & re-order or have them ship, fine ship, only to continue to sit there until after a week, getting a "we encountered an error" email and it got canceled anyway. And a couple of the stores have gotten really bad about not not having it actually ready when you get there, and of course that was when I didn't have a lot of time to just stand there. But it is totally weird at least to me, that I didn't have a single issue ever, to having almost an issue every time just in the last month to 6 weeks. They certainly are not the Best Buy of old anymore, a shame since it used to be a really good place.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
TonyD said:
I worked there before too.
I never had an in store pickup problem it's always been there after I get the email saying its ready for pickup.
Sure the movie area is to the right and the pick up area is to the left or visa versa and the item is usually in stock anyway, but when someone states they hate to make a trip all the way over there for it to not be in stock, it seems to me the easiest way to get around that is to order on line then use in store pick up.
Sure, I could do the store pickup thing. Except that requires one to pay in advance and that's not always an option for me :)
I'm sort of new to ordering something online for store pickup. The handful of times I've done it's gone smoothly, more or less, but it's not something I look forward to doing as I have heard some negative stories. Dealing with clueless employees is one of 'em.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
In store pick up doesn't charge to your card until you actually pick it up. If you don't ever pick it up it drops off after 8 days.

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
EDIT: The board is playing tricks on me, it seems.
Okay, so legitimate question: it doesn't finalize the charge, but isn't it still a "hold"? I'm not sure, I can't remember. Most banks remove a "hold" from your available balance and show it as "Pending." BoA does, at least. But I think you're right that it will disappear after eight days if you just never go get it. Or at least its supposed to.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I've never had a problem with in-store pickup at Best Buy. Guess I'm lucky.
FWIW, soon *all* major retailers will offer this.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I looked at the DVD Beaver comparison but couldn't figure out which image was from which version. What am I missing?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The comparisons have a list of the release sources at the beginning of each capture. Usually the most recent release is the last.

1) 20th Century Fox (UK) Region 2 - PAL TOP
2) Criterion - Region 0 - NTSC - SECOND -
3) Universal - Region 1 -NTSC THIRD
4) Fox Video (Brazil) Region 4 - NTSC - FOURTH
5) Universal - Region FREE - Blu-ray FIFTH
6) Criterion - Region 'A' - Blu-ray BOTTOM

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Sorry to be off topic again, Matt. BB only holds the item not the charge. I have never seen any charges to my card until after I pick it up.

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
Fair enough. I think it may have *used* to be the way I described, but then again - I don't remember and you have experience in the topic from the customer end, so that means you win :)

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
should depend if you use a debit card or credit card with BB online, I think a debit would be held sooner perhaps

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
So tell me Tony, do you use debit? :)
(My copy showed up from Amazon today...I just may watch it this afternoon.)

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Three times a charm?
I have BOA too but thats standard for debit cards of all kinds - I used to work at a hotel and thats why we told people never to check in with Debit - it would hold their money immediately and take several days to release back. Credit doesnt have these problems

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Well, I went to my nearby Best Buy after work for Brazil on blu. Found it on the shelf with a sticker that said $27.99. Took it to the register where I asked the nice man to price check it to confirm the alleged $20.99. It rang up as $34.99. He expected me to pay that, saying the sticker must've been left from "Black Friday, or something." I informed him of its new release yesterday, and produced my smartphone with the BB website which said $20.99. Only then was the price adjusted.
Much more of that hassle, and I'd have been more than happy to wait for the next B&N sale...

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Peter McM said:
Much more of that hassle, and I'd have been more than happy to wait for the next B&N sale...
Amazon seems to have numerous Criterion Blu's on sale pretty much all the time. For the latest list, check this out:
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/
Some of these discs/sets are even better deals than B&N sales, and... no sales tax.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks